corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » auto choke

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author auto choke
Mossy01772

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of a problem with mine at the moment, autochoke kicking in for no reason, car then goes sluggish and jerky and if turned off it struggles to restart, any ideas,

also when problem accurs when reving it an electrical noise like a bad connection can be heard.
Mossy01772

14th Jan 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could it possiby be because i have taken the Ecotec off, although it has been running fine for 4 months,
Ditch

14th Jan 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean you took the Ecotec off?
Mossy01772

14th Jan 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I HAVE REMOVED THE ECOTEC OFF MY 1.4 SPORT, ECOTEC ENGINES ARE USUALLY SLUGGISH UNTIL 3 AND A HALF THOUSAND REVS, MINE, BY TAKING IT OFF I HAVE IMPROVED TORQUE IN LOW GEARS
Ditch

14th Jan 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16valve engines only use 8valves untill a certain RPM (3.5k in your case) and this is what is causing late power delivery.

as for taking off your Ecotec.... all i can think is that you have removed your ecotec valve (correct if wrong here) which sits in the exauhst manifold?

am i talking rubbish here?
Mossy01772

14th Jan 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know 16valve engine will be slower in low revs but not to the extent we see in ecotec engines, example corsa gsi is not sluugish but 1.6 sport is.

You are correct i have removed ecotec valve which plugs into manifold and bolted a plate over it making it air tight with a gasket, removed all the plastic trunking and the motor looking device, and plugged one small pipe with a bolt.
Ditch

14th Jan 04 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is whats causing your problems me thinks

[Edited on 14-01-2004 by Ditch]
broster
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
16valve engines only use 8valves untill a certain RPM (3.5k in your case) and this is what is causing late power delivery.

only if its a vtec mate on a corsa 16v are always 16v no matter what rev!
Ditch

14th Jan 04 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, my information fails me then
MikeH

14th Jan 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mossy01772:

Not a permanent solution but usually if you blip the throttle quickly in neutral or with the clutch in then the choke will go off.

New Poll