corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fao students

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fao students
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
13th Jan 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite i'm off to uni next year or year after, and i'm seriously considering buying a house in my second year and renting it out, rather than renting. Obviously gotta work some figures out.

So any students could u tell me what city you're in, what rent you pay and the standard of accomadation you get. I'm guessing if i took a standard 3 bed semi, and rented the 2 large upstairs bedrooms, the small single upstairs bedroom and one of the downstairs living rooms. Leaving a kitchen and living room as communal areas. That would be acceptable wouldn't it? cheers.
koolkorsa

13th Jan 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also do u pay rent for 52 weeks, or just for term dates? And are services included in the price?
Gavin
Premium Member

13th Jan 04 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm on year placement at mo in ipswich...and i pay £575 a month for a two bedroom apportment (very nice location - 3 minutes walk to nearest nite club and very close to town center)

the £575 is split between the two of us...and we have to pay our own bills! its not really student accomendation but for professionals.

dont know whether this will help!

pew pew pew pewwwww
koolkorsa

13th Jan 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the reply. I'm guessing the average student pays £60-80 a week? Just doing some sums at the moment. With a bit of luck mite be able to get a place rent it, obviously me having one of the rooms, and cover my costs of mortgage. Then when i finish my course i'll be in the nice position of either selling the house at a potentially large profit (hopefully), leaving me with a nice lump sum, or keeping the house on and renting it again. I've always wanted to go into property development when i'm older, so think this could be a nice start. Planning it early i am, won't be needing this for 18months or possibly 30months.
brownyphys

13th Jan 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I'm staying in halls all through uni and pay around £50 a week.
However my mates have a house.
Its a 4 bedroom house with decent bathroom and kitchen. They pay £51 a week each. Bills aren't included. They pay for September through to end of June including christmas and easter.
As for location its in the fallowfield area of manchester, so while its fairly high for insurance (whole of south manchester is) its an "up and coming area" where loads of expensies houses are getting built, great night life (just as much as in the city centre). Anything else just ask.
whitter45

13th Jan 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok for two years at uni i rented 6 bedroomed house.
the contracts ran fom july to end of june each year with half rent in months July and Augustas we didn't stay there in the summer
It was a £195 a month each (u do the maths its a lot of money a month off six people) with bills not included.
Council tax exempted due to student renting
little bit of advice, if u are renting a house make sure u check all meters and phone utility companies to give them the reading and inform them that u are new residents and give the date u moved in. this way u will not be charged for any outstanding bills from the previous year.

Brownyphys i lived in owens park halls in fallowfield for my first year and then in withinghton/west didbury opposite christy hospital for my remaining years at uni
jrsteeve

13th Jan 04 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u'd be better starting the mortgage asap as most decent mortgage lenders won't lend to students, unless you earn a fair salary part time.

Those who do will charge higher interest rates.

Most will give 3 x your salary minus any loans (credit cards etc). Some will lend 4 x your salary but again interest rates will be a touch higher
luca2020

14th Jan 04 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how the fuck will u get a mortgage may i ask?

also there a very very few student houses that are 3 bed semis, and ud probley have to charge more than most students would/could want to pay to cover ur costs due to only having 3 renting rooms (4th room being urs)

my mate lives in a 7 bedroom house he pays £52 a week + bills usualy comes to £60 a week all in and thats pretty much bang on average
koolkorsa

14th Jan 04 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i can get some figures together my parents will probably put the mortgage in their name. I was just using 3 bed as an example, its just i know my 2 bro's both lived in that type of student house. More bedrooms would be better. Yer luca i see your point about only having 3 renting rooms not covering mortgage, but i will have to pay rent wherever i go so in reality it will be 4 renting rooms, because i will contribute my rent towards the mortgage. So just to clarify - the students pay all the bills and the house is council tax exempt. And it seems somewhere in the £50's is bout average. Cheers guys.
andy hirst

14th Jan 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In manchester my mates paid: £36 per week each for exactly the same arrangment you said. Thats term time only with a retainer in the summer if they wanted it for the next year.
M2RTY

14th Jan 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck getting a mortgage as a student mate, ull be best off getting it in parents name and letting them deal with it, they wont give u one as a student.

rent varies from 35-70 a week i would say. i was on 57 a week ALL bills included, cctv etc etc

there is also many rules and laws and i would look into it in great detail. i was on a 48 week contract, some pay 1/2 bored over summer (when the house will be empty and u still have to pay mortgage)

for now i would look into investing your loan if anything, remember tho, uni is the last chance for u to be a student with little responsability, trash houses nad get a drunk as possible and shag everything, not be a businessman

Phil321

14th Jan 04 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is about £55, half rent july and august. No bills but all maintenance etc. Prime location in Manchester.
broster
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live in northampton, pay £180/month, have to pay all bills except water rates, fair sized house aswell. half rent over summer holidays.
BlueCorsa

14th Jan 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't live in London! At the moment, I pay £650/month for a one bedroom flat in zone 3, shared between me and my g/f. Is a decent size tho and with private driveway and parking space.

Lived in a similar area in a 4-bedroom house with other students last year, the rent was just over £1500/month, about £375/month each.

All prices excluding bills...!

Tariq
K17STY

14th Jan 04 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Edinburgh students pay £275 a month for a room (4 rooms in a flat) thats doesnt include leccy or gas etc
jonathanbrook

14th Jan 04 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nottingham NG7. 15mins from Uni, 15mins from town on foot. Driveway and garden - 5 of us in a decent house. £58 a week each without any bills. Pay full rent all year round

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fao students 24 database queries in 0.0115039 seconds