corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ICE Installation - Tips Please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ICE Installation - Tips Please
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
10th Jan 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm putting in dynamat at the moment to (mainly) try and cut down the amount of noise from the exhaust inside the car and to stop rattling, of which my car had a lot of at the back!

I have applied 3 rolls of original dynamat to the boot floor as shown here :-

I also have 3 rolls of dynamat extreme, which i pl;an to put around the sides. Which panels would be best to cover to make the best use of the 3 sheets??? Thanks.
Dom

10th Jan 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the boot lid mate and the sides (that are visible in the photos), and that should work a treat although i havnt done it so i cant say 100%, but im sure other people will agree with me mate
AdiSRI

10th Jan 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i plan to do over the archs and then have some left over so when i put it back together if there are any rattles i can try and fix em. Not sure about inside tailgate as im gonna get it smoothed soon and dunno if dynamat in there might make the job harder??

Took me bloody hours to get all that dynamat in with fingers, roller and heat gun in the freezing cold and rain yesterday LOL!
SteveW

10th Jan 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah do the doors, cos they rattle like a bugger.. Also the Rear boot hatch, cos when the bass is on, that makes a lot of noise

Then inside the dash Not many people use it there, but it makes LOADS of difference.. Cos the rattles that come from the front just stop...

Hope this helped, you little smelly fishhead
AdiSRI

10th Jan 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GIT, rite im off for some dyna extreme appilication in the bloody cold again LOL!
Pics of wat i do tommorow!
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where should i dynamat on the doors cos since i put my type r's in on door builds they rattle like fuck.
Dom

10th Jan 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take every off the doors, mark out the dynamat around the waterproof lining and wack it on top and make sure it covers around your speakers, speaker adaptor etc put the door back and it should be loads better mate Yea i need to do mine as, but its finding time, cash etc
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the speakers are screwed into the door bins though, not the door, should i do the door anyway?
Dom

10th Jan 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, but the door is the one that will rattle, not your door pods
M4tt

10th Jan 04 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've sound deadened all of my car and i t made a huge difference to sound quality and made my stuff sound more powerful!

i do get a lot fo vibrations from my dash - how do yuo sound deaden that? stich it behind the dash on the plastic bits, or on the bulkhead?
Kris TD

11th Jan 04 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers guys, ill get some for my doors

New Poll