corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance question ...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   9th Jan 04 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, I got a letter today from my insurance company saying...

"A matter has arisen regarding your Motor Insurance. Please contact us on customer helpline at your earliest convenience to discuss this further"

What do you think this is?

AFAIK I've not been done for speeding ever, also never had an accident.

What do you think this is?

I've not got all mods declared (was waiting to change insurers) - So I think its maybe to do with this

If I ring up, whats the worse that they will say? I shitting it.

Is the worse that they will say, will just be 'up the insurance premium?'

Paul J

[Edited on 09-01-2004 by Paul_J]
Tom

9th Jan 04 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a mad one, could be about a payment, is it in your own name? Do you pay by dd every month?

Can't see it being because of mods as they would not find that out
Paul_J

9th Jan 04 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well firstly, the insurance is in my own name, but my mum paid for it as 1 lump sum as it was cheaper - and I'm paying her back.

The thing is, about 7-8 months ago, Mr.Snowy (Steve u cunt) told me to head on down to the Guildford cruise he was trying to get back and running again.

Well, not only was the cruise crap, but the police blockaded everyone in, gave everyone a producer, took a note of everyone's mods, and supposedly said they were gonna send the info off to our insurers (They did ask for insurer).

Well, at the time I did consider ringing up and declaring everything to be safe. But all the police man wrote was Alloys and rear lights - as my mods.

Well that's basically all I had then, and still pretty much all I have now, maybe a couple of other things.

Since my insurance was already £1500!!! for a poxy 1.2 16v, I thought I'd be covered because the Sxi came standard with alloys, so surely that'd auto cover me on it, and so I didn't want to risk giving the insurance company more money.

I know it was stupid not to get it declared, but I'm not rich - If I had the money I want, I would of had a sorted car by now - with 17's, kit, etc...

Anyway,

What do you reckon is the worst that they will do?
Gambit

9th Jan 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it'll be something simple as needin to clarify some of your details.

if it was really urgent they would be ringing you, and the letter would be far more threatening
Paul_J

9th Jan 04 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, also, would you have thought they would of left it 8 months to contact me about it too?

At the time of the cruise, my dad just told me that the police only said they were gonna send the mods to scare us, quote 'Do you think they really have the time to be doing all the paper work to send out all those details?'

but lets just say for a second it is about undeclared mods... If I ring em - whats the worst they will say?
Gambit

9th Jan 04 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask them what supposedly undeclared mods are you meant to have?

then if you want say i got some bit's & bob's at xmas
el gordo

9th Jan 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ring em and find out.
Ditch

9th Jan 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your that worried about it being your mods then put car back to standard (not too difficult with rims and rear lights!) and ring em up.

worst they can say is that your insurance is invalid and they have photographic evidence of your un-declared mods.......

but i VERY much doubt it !

its more likely to be what Gambit said.
el gordo

9th Jan 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they have photographic evidence ask them to say where they were taken as you took the car to a cruise, parked it off-road and fitted the mods once (as they're not for road use) to show it, then took em off before going home. they can't prove otherwise.
Paul_J

9th Jan 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, true no photo's were taken

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question ... 23 database queries in 0.0136220 seconds