corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Warning - Liv Vic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Warning - Liv Vic
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
8th Jan 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought i'd warn you all of the illegal activites liverpool victoria have recently used. Nearing 12months of my policy they sent me a renewel quote of £1450 which was over 400quid more than the best quote i got. So i rang them to see if they could do better they sed no so i told them i will not be continuing my policy. Then several days later got a letter addressed to me saying we have assumed you will continue with your policy this year and have deducted the sum of £1450 from your credit card. Firstly they cannot withdraw money without my prior consent and second the letter was addressed to me, the policy holder and not the owner of the card, i.e. the person paying the money. They have since been contacted several times to inform them that this is unlawful and that i specifically said i do not want to continue with my insurance. Now 4 weeks later they have sent a letter saying insurance cancellation and refund - £1300. Leaving out £150. Absolutely shocking service in short and completely illegal and against any industry guidelins. I would not recommend them to anyone based on my experience.
sfxer

8th Jan 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats disgusting
Phil321

8th Jan 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you have to do is send them a letter saying they have 14days to give you a FULL refund or you will issue legal proceedings through the small claims court and report your problems to the motoring press.

Surprising how quicly they'll pay up
stubbsy

8th Jan 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a letter off them saying they will asume that i want to carry on my quote with them if i dont contact them 5 working days before the policyruns out and they will automatically debit my account, £100 more than last year too
i rang them up told them i didnt want it but havnt heard anything since so presume its ok. sneaky trick of them though
Greg_M

8th Jan 04 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whereas ive had nothing but good service from them, but i agree this is illegal.
koolkorsa

8th Jan 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer its all k though, my dads a barrister. sure he'll sort it.
Phil321

8th Jan 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reccommend that you post this on as many message boards as possible aswell. A lot of people could get caught out by this.
Icy

8th Jan 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro got renewal letter other week
wanted to insure 3rdparty but was £70 more expensive than FC
Arnie

8th Jan 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the warning!

I'm with LV and my insurance runs out end of March!
MarkM

8th Jan 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mine runs out end of JAN an I intend to cancel my policy...best bet it to inform them u wanna cancel at renewal...get them to send your NCD entitlement then cancel the Direct Debit at bank...that way they cannot take any money...
dannycorsa c

8th Jan 04 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all insurance companys do this! when tesco have sent me my renewal for its ays on it that if i do not wish to renew my policy with them then i should ring up and cancel it! if not the they carry on as normal taking the money from your account! supose its good if ur an older person who pays fuk all insurance any way so they dont really have to ring about to get the best quote that they can! but not for us younger people!

i do belive LV wer cheeky bastartd for ripping you off £150 i wud take them to court or threaten them with it untill u get your money back!
Corsa Sport Gav

8th Jan 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

onli took thm 3 attemps to get my car reg correct! and thn it took em 4 goes to get the paymets right, they quoted me 1200, but they got it wrong it shud be 1400, but there letting me hav it for 1200 which is bout 96 quid a month, aprt from tht ive had no prbs wit em
koolkorsa

8th Jan 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my dads sorting it out. they aint entitle to charge my dads card for the next years insurance without informing him. Thats basically stealing. They aint got a leg to stand on and they know it.
dannycorsa c

8th Jan 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ul be alright!
iv just gone with HIC in new years day but they aint sent me the paper work thru yet!!
jrsteeve

8th Jan 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took out a policy with them last year, got the paper work, but there was nothing to sign or send back to them.

This happen to anyone else?

I thought you had to declare that the forms were accurate and correct

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Warning - Liv Vic 23 database queries in 0.0207651 seconds