corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » true? TODAYS RANT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author true? TODAYS RANT
M2RTY

User status: Offline
7th Jan 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FORWARDED FOR YOUR INFORMATION

Warning

Through my involvement with the Association of British Drivers (ABD) I have received a letter from Ann Manning, MD of Manning UK Ltd insurance brokers. The letter was intended to warn association members of an unpublished change in practice by the DVLA. As you will be aware government departments are following a course of automated and automatic fines to reduce the burden of policing simple crime.

This relates to Vehicle Road Taxation and specifically the removal of the 5 day grace period previously allowed for road tax renewal. A new system has come into force regarding the expiry of road tax. From now on if you have not renewed your road tax on the date of expiry the computer is searched at DVLA and you will incur an automatic fine of £80 unless you can satisfy DVLA that there is a genuine reason why this has not been purchased. This fine increases with the period of time.

Regards...Bob

[Edited on 07-01-2004 by M2RV H]
Ned

7th Jan 04 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes true
Adam-D

7th Jan 04 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice well il be in hospital i rekon thats a good enuff reason
not gonna pay 12 months tax on to usee 11 months cos im ill and recovering from surgery
M2RTY

7th Jan 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new rules mean that keepers who fail to re-license their vehicle (or declare SORN) will incur an automatic penalty of £80 (reduced to £40 if paid within 28 days). Determined offenders will be faced with prosecution and could be fined a minimum £1000.

from DVLA site

what i dont understand is that if u are a week late paying tax, u still only get the EXACT same amount of time, as it will start from the beginning of the month

they say it will cut the number of dodgy cars on the road - will it shite - as if u drive a dodgy car u will not be stupid enough to put it in your name

once again, innocent motorists will be fined millions for being 3 or 4 days later because most of us work full time instead of being out knicking things and on the dole

id LOVE to see how much this new law brings then in just the first 3 months, bet it pays them for a loverly pay rise due to all their hard work

fuck you government
Paul H

7th Jan 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no excuse for taxing your car late and the fine is a good idea.just coz you work full time doesn't mean you can't tax your car.that's no excuse you send a cheque to them 14 days early and they send your tax disc to you in the post
M2RTY

7th Jan 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
there is no excuse for taxing your car late and the fine is a good idea.just coz you work full time doesn't mean you can't tax your car.that's no excuse you send a cheque to them 14 days early and they send your tax disc to you in the post

there is no need to face an 80 pound fine for being 5 days later

the government dont loose out if you are 5 days late so why should we?
Tom

7th Jan 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is sick there just to fucking lazy to police the situation with boddies and guns it's an utter shite solution to a problem that is mainly a problem to the government and not many other people anyway :maD: wankers
M2RTY

7th Jan 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like living in a fucking prison just without doing any crime
Paul H

7th Jan 04 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why be 5 days late though?it's hardly a hard task.still you will always get people trying to beat the system by declaring SORN and still driving the car

[Edited on 07-01-2004 by chewbaccaman]
Tom

7th Jan 04 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes me want to do that, so they bum us for money on road tax, new tolls on motorways, petrol, vat on the car speed camera's and we have no right to mona, it would be less of a problem if the roads were any good ffs
AK

7th Jan 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been fucked over heaps of times by the DVLA now..... had a fuckin car towed, had to pay 120fine for not have the car SORN bla bla

a bit hard to r'ber about do when your not in the coutry and the car is legit off the road
Tom

7th Jan 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad aint it
M2RTY

7th Jan 04 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
why be 5 days late though?it's hardly a hard task.still you will always get people trying to beat the system by declaring SORN and still driving the car

[Edited on 07-01-2004 by chewbaccaman]

besides the point

how can they justify 80 quid? NO ONE has lost any money or time or incured any extra paper work if you are 5 days late, the car is STILL taxed for the same length of time, its not as if you even get 5 days MORE tax!! its a fucking joke

especially for people like adam, having several cars and being out the county a lot

makes me want to just knick a banger and drive it round with no tax, mot, licence or insurance

in the long run i bet it works out a hell of a lot cheaper - even if u do get caught!!!

did u see in the paper that the average person can rack up 800 odd quids worth of fines a day without doing anything drasticly illegal

fucking joke
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Jan 04 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If in doubt don't send the paperwork back when you buy the car, DVLA record will show no registered keeper, no trace, no fine, job is a goodun.

This country
Paul H

7th Jan 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the best way for them to do it is to put the price of petrol up slightly you can't drive on the roads without petrol end of
M2RTY

7th Jan 04 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but this will lead to more "petrol runs" the garaged on the A road near me will NOT let u fill up unless u either leave a deposit or value first or pay in advance

which brings me on to credit card frauds and muggings to pay for high petrol prices, one thing leads to another

my g/f sold her car and didnt tell me that she gave the new owner the book to send off, i went offit as if that person does not send the book off SHE will encure any fines

imagin if the car was in a hit and run, very bad concequences for her, and no proof of sale
MattyB

7th Jan 04 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its a good idea.

i always re-new tax few days early to save messing/rushing around

Albeit, its not totally fair, but i reckon it will help. i mean i dont understand why i have to go out and fork out money when my tax is up, but some people carry on driving months before they re-new theirs, without being caught.

its only fair, u cant argue the case. There is a statistic on the DVLA site sayin how untaxed cars are 80% more likely to be involved in accidents etc.

U mention people who dont register the cars to themselves, well thats just how it is, u cant do nowt to these people, whther it be tax/speeding fines/congestion charge etc etc.

Matt
MattyB

7th Jan 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If in doubt don't send the paperwork back when you buy the car, DVLA record will show no registered keeper, no trace, no fine, job is a goodun.

i hope this was some kind of joke?
M2RTY

7th Jan 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian is saying if u dont register the car to u then u can basicly do anything in it and get away with it with no trace or proof at all

as soon as your name goes on anything to do with the car they will try and throw more fines at you then enough. speeding, tax, etc etc etc its a joke

our roads ARE shite, not enough money gets spent on them as it is

this law will target the innocent people who forget to tax their car by 5 days or so

it will not hit anyone without tax for long periods as it will not show their tax as being dew at the end of the month

its just another way of the governemnt trying to look good and keep uninsured cars off the road when really it will just cost the legal road users even more

it will make them millions each month for fuck all work, meaning the cops and traffic wardends have even less work to do as they do fuck all as it is anyway except try and rack up as many fines as possible and waste our time

it WILL bump up the number of cars not registered to the correct owner I BET YOU which are a HELL of a lot more dangerouse, referring back to ians point above, as there is NO trace of ownership AT ALL
Tom

7th Jan 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good points chaps
welshdude

7th Jan 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in the dvla i'l be dealing with all these questions when i go back to the phones and have all the training

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » true? TODAYS RANT 23 database queries in 0.0155210 seconds