corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to adjust clutch bite point on 1.4 16v engine...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to adjust clutch bite point on 1.4 16v engine...
Coupe_20v

User status: Offline
7th Jan 04 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The biting point on the wife's Corsa Sport is about 1/2" from the floor. She's finding it difficult to engage all of the gears smoothly (and no, it's not a woman thing! )

Being used to hydraulic clutches, can anyone point me in the right direction for adjusting the cable on her gearbox? Do i need to make the cable effectively "shorter" to raise the biting point a little?

Cheers in advance
DangerousDave16v

7th Jan 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lift the bonnet and have a play.push the lever ont box back to take the strain off, then screw the bolty thing on the end, i think if you effectively shorten the cable the bite point comes later in the pedal release. not sure tho
Coupe_20v

7th Jan 04 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dave, I'll have a play around.

I had a feeling it may be some kind of adjustable thread, but wasn't sure (I just have to bleed mine when this happens!)

Thanks
GavW

8th Jan 04 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know how to do it on the 1.4 16v sport? Do you have to remove all the air con stuff ?
Makarus

8th Jan 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt have to, far as I know its the same way of adjusting in all corsa's and easy to get to.

It is just a matter of twisting the thread until you have it at the required hieght and then locking it.

New Poll