corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uni help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uni help
Ryan L

User status: Offline
4th Jan 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, my degree is killing me slowly with boredom, and i wanna do something that interests me and i enjoy. So i'm looking at getting in auto engineering. I was just wondering if anyone knew much about it and what i'd have to do to get me foot in the door so to speak.

antscorsa

4th Jan 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coventry uni is the best place in the country for the course got to their website and read up on it
Craig6682

4th Jan 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck m8 !!! Hope u get it sorted !!!
chris_lee100

4th Jan 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest mate you can easily switch degree courses by either speakin to your PAT (personal academic tutor) or careers service, but auto related stuff is more nvq/apprentice work. i know these days unless your prepared to put the hours in or land yourself work in an established garage such as related to the car manufacturer, telementry reading is the way to ring in the bucks, a mate of mine works for Audi in this are, early 20's and earns the same, early 20k's, good luck, s tart the new year as you mean to go on
Ryan L

4th Jan 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i do accounting with law is not for me i've decided
jaffa

4th Jan 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan L
yeah i do accounting

don't blame you for wanting quit then! i did IT and accounting and the accounting bored me shit less.

Shauny9

4th Jan 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im doin computing and im bored shitless, but im considering leaving altoghether.

i want to get a job in banking and finance

good luck with urs mate
Ryan L

4th Jan 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm gonna speak to me careers centre when i go back to uni but i'm not sure if i want to carry on with uni to be honest. Being poor isn't great.

Therefore i'm looking at an apprenticeship in the essex area but haven't got a clue where to start
Shauny9

4th Jan 04 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which year are u in?

Im ion the first year, i feel if im gonna leave im gonna do it soon, wot bout u?
Ryan L

4th Jan 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm at the university of East Anglia in Norwich, the lifes good but the course ain't, and at the end of day thats why i'm there
dolphin-vic

4th Jan 04 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my uni is borin me too, i want an hospital job testing body fluids.
im leavin at end of year.
Shauny9

4th Jan 04 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which year?
MattyB

4th Jan 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Automotive engineering is one of, if not THE hardest engineering disciplines to get into. (thats if ur comin from A-Level). All of the uni's (only decent ones) i was looking at required at least AAB (with A in maths + physics) to this course.

As Antcorsa mentioned, coventry is highly rated in this area, but then again you cant really beat Nottingham + Oxford for this course.

What course u doin now? Unless u've got excellent grades in Maths + Physics @ A Level, i very much doubt u'll get onto a good Automotive engineering degree.

However - wot i'd highly recommend is enter in for an associated engineering course (mechanical etc), which have lower acceptance grades, then swap onto automotive once u've got in, and done ur first or second semester.

I mean thats not wot i'm gonna do or anything

Matt
Ryan L

4th Jan 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i don't have a maths or physics a-level which i take is gonna be a problem so thats why i'd rather do an apprenticeship scheme
Rob H

4th Jan 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah i don't have a maths or physics a-level which i take is gonna be a problem so thats why i'd rather do an apprenticeship scheme

If your doing an apprentice scheme, then its gonna get you a different outcome to doing an engineering degree. Im doing a combined mech/auto engineering course, and its fucking hard imo. there's alot of theory, and mathematics envolved, and no hands on work as yet . To tell the truth i found the first summester a bit shit, and not what i wanted at all, but im pretty sure you need to get throught the first couple of years before the good (hands on) stuff starts .

Antscorsa> Not sure what your comments about Coventry are based on mate? The way i see it, the harder the grades to get on the course, the better the course will be. My mate got worse grades than me and ended up at Coventry because he was refused entry to my uni (Birmingham). Not just that, but the lower grade limits as a whole were not as good. Coventry however do offer a motorsport engineering course, but its not a BEng/Meng course.

Rob
Rob H

4th Jan 04 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Will be a big problem mate. Most engineering degrees require a minimum of a C in Maths at a level before you can enter onto the course .
antscorsa

5th Jan 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i thought cov would b a good palce cos i know its a uni based on engineering but i do know birmingham is top notch too, the lower grades for cov is to copensate the place being crap to live at and go to.
Gavin
Premium Member

5th Jan 04 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm doing computer science....some parts of it are sh1te boring and makes me wonder why i like the course...but the majority of it cvan be very good!

at the end of the day u've just got to stick the course out and wait for the $$$$ to pour in once ur've finished r course

pew pew pew pewwwww

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uni help 24 database queries in 0.0117319 seconds