corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bleeding problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bleeding problem
Ryan L

User status: Offline
4th Jan 04 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fitted V6 brakes and calipers with braided hoses on the front, and been bleeding them in with new DOT4 fluid using the one man kit (with non-return valve fitted.) Also been doing it in the order specified by Haynes, starting with rear-left, front right, then rear right and finally front left, and have repeated this bout 10 times now.

Basically no matter how fluid i put in the resevior air seems to be coming out of the nipples and so there is no pressure being applied to any of the 4 brakes. Have put 2lts worth of fluid in now and fuck all is happening.

Brakes were fine before but now they ain't. Any help would be much appreciated as i'm very confused at moment.

PS its a Corsa B SRi 1994
Adam-D

4th Jan 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there must be air leaking back into the system when you take you foot of the brake pedal basickly get someone to help you
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

4th Jan 04 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the nipples on the top of the calipers?
Otherwise agree with Adam that air is gettin in somewhere, check the brided line connections.
Mav 3000

4th Jan 04 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got spongyness when I used the one-man kit (electrical pressurised pump thing in my case) so then did it 'two man' and it worked fine first time this way.
Ryan L

4th Jan 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm pretty sure no air is getting back in as i've got my brother to check while is pressing the pedal. The braided hoses are fine nought is leaking.

WIWC: the nipples are on top of the caplipers why u ask
Ryan L

4th Jan 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been to look they are at the bottom
TOMAS

4th Jan 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theirs your problem. The nipples should be at the top.... Swap the calipers around from side to side
Ryan L

4th Jan 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks TOMAS been wracking me brains as to why it was being stupid, but i'm the stupid one

New Poll