corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Noisy Engine (is it fuged?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Noisy Engine (is it fuged?)
twim

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 04 at 04:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, new to the site only had my corsa a short while. Well the problem is my timing belt snapped and bent 2 piston stems so I had the work carried out. Now the engine is very loud and on start up alot of clangs and clunks can be herd and at high revs knocking noises. When travelling around roundabouts the clanging noise is very loud. also after about 10 min's of driving when at idle there's knocking sounds and the oil light flickers for 10 seconds then stays on even though the oil level is ok. I have changed the oil and spark plugs recently but this made no difference. The engine is a 1.4i in a 1994 'L' flair.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Twim.
Mistamist

3rd Jan 04 at 05:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put in a 2.0 16v C20xe that should sort the noises.
miles

3rd Jan 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you might have some sort of oil circulation problem. Bare in mind the oil pressure warning light comes on at 4psi, if it really is that low things will be fugded.

Could be some swarf from the work in the oil ways or oil pump.

Or come be something completely different.
Screaming Vtec

3rd Jan 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back to the garage you had the work done at and kick up fuck...

Your engine is buggered im sorry to say.. if the oil pressure lights been on forany length of time, then its 99% certain you will have buggered things/

New Poll