corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What gearbox does the 1.4 16v Corsa Sport have?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What gearbox does the 1.4 16v Corsa Sport have?
Rachel H

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't be tuned Daimo. And TBH the engine will be the last thing done, I just want to start collecting the parts bit by bit.
AK

2nd Jan 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hairy muff.... but its going to be a waste of cash fitting a x14xe to already 1.4 8v'd (is it the MPI 2.8 unit?) nova....

performance gains are not going to be much unless the 8v is gebuggered
AK

2nd Jan 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.8? wtf

jr

2nd Jan 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel the x14 is a good engine for tuning, just not in the £ per BHP ratings, you just have to spend a silly amount of money getting it there, watch this space
Rachel H

2nd Jan 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The clutch is going on the Nova whilst its out I might as well hook up a new box and clutch ready for the X14XE.

I don't want power, I want realiablity and something different.
Daimo B

2nd Jan 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JR, its the torque difference that makes teh 1.6 so much more of a performer. But as he's said, hes not tuning it.
jr

2nd Jan 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
JR, its the torque difference that makes teh 1.6 so much more of a performer. But as he's said, hes not tuning it.

true, that does make a diffrence, but if your going for a big torque figure then a xe would be a better bet
Rachel H

2nd Jan 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and its the easiest engine conversion you can do, I mean I can keep the original engine mounts and even gearbox if I wanted to (won't be if its the 1.0 8v box )
AK

2nd Jan 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poof.... pop a 2.0 16v in
J da Silva

2nd Jan 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lee mate everyone found out it was ollies birds address(with him using it) ages ago
AK

2nd Jan 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm.... He knew that

Joff

2nd Jan 04 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel H
The clutch is going on the Nova whilst its out I might as well hook up a new box and clutch ready for the X14XE.

I don't want power, I want realiablity and something different.

I don't know if it's the same setup as the 1.6 clutch but make sure you put a decent clutch in - it's a few hours labour to replace once it's in the car!!
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jan 04 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheaper tax?
AK

2nd Jan 04 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup.... prob about 20 a year cheaper
corsa120

2nd Jan 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno what the big deal with torque is???? yes we all love but did u know the civic vti with 160 bhp has same torque as 1.6 16v corsa yet it kills it every time, torque only matters if ur carrying passengers or slabs to block pave ur garden lol lol u need power

dont get me wrong torque is fantastic, but come on we are all lads we dont think to are selves umm fancy a rag in me car today tell u what ill invite 6 mates to come along beens i got 500 ibf.ft or torque lol lol

example of torque

a 1.4 16v corsa with 130bhp 107 ibf.ft of torque

standard 1.4 16v 90 bhp with 92 ibf.ft of torque

get them both on 1/4 mile yes the 130 bhp would win hands down still with low torque, but give both of them 350 kg's of weights in the back and suddenly they will become much closer in performance on the 1/4 mile

my point is dont worry about torque unless u wann impress 4 mates, and carry shit around, if its just u most of the time in the car them bhp is what ur after meaning the 1.4 16v is not a bad engine to tune in this situation

PLEASE READ LOL
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jan 04 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
dunno what the big deal with torque is???? yes we all love but did u know the civic vti with 160 bhp has same torque as 1.6 16v corsa yet it kills it every time, torque only matters if ur carrying passengers or slabs to block pave ur garden lol lol u need power

dont get me wrong torque is fantastic, but come on we are all lads we dont think to are selves umm fancy a rag in me car today tell u what ill invite 6 mates to come along beens i got 500 ibf.ft or torque lol lol

example of torque

a 1.4 16v corsa with 130bhp 107 ibf.ft of torque

standard 1.4 16v 90 bhp with 92 ibf.ft of torque

get them both on 1/4 mile yes the 130 bhp would win hands down still with low torque, but give both of them 350 kg's of weights in the back and suddenly they will become much closer in performance on the 1/4 mile

my point is dont worry about torque unless u wann impress 4 mates, and carry shit around, if its just u most of the time in the car them bhp is what ur after meaning the 1.4 16v is not a bad engine to tune in this situation

PLEASE READ LOL

this is a valid point!
corb

3rd Jan 04 at 03:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC, sit down, cos have i got some good news for you! My X14XE is just coming out now. I have one person interested in it at the moment, but if they dont want it, then you can have it at the bargain price of £500. DONT stop reading cos of the high price, for that well spent £500, you'll get engine, gearbox, ECU, loom, driveshafts, Pipercross Induction Kit(can take OE airbox aswell if you want it) and you can take a BRAND NEW Black Diamond clutch which is still boxed and unused, you can also have the engine mounts aswell.

If you're interested, I also have my shocks from my 1.4sport and -40mm G Max springs and Red-Dot 20 groove discs and Fast Road Pads and OE calipers for sale.

If you're interested, let me know via U2U, and If the other chap doesnt want to take up this brilliant oppertunity, this little lot could all be yours!!!

BARGAIN!
AK

3rd Jan 04 at 04:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

500 for a x14xe

my was given away free i think...
corb

3rd Jan 04 at 04:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, and 10k ago, it had Kent Cams and followers put in, and cam belt changed.
AK

3rd Jan 04 at 04:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a bit more like it.....

but..... but but but...

I r'ber i tried to sell my cammed up.unichipped bla bla bla x14xe for 400 over 2yrs ago with no success
Rachel H

3rd Jan 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corb that sounds good but you'll have to wait for a few more weeks as I'm seeing if I can find a bargain.
Ojc

3rd Jan 04 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found a C20XE for sale on Novaload for £350 quid, no way am I paying more than that for a X14XE.
jr

3rd Jan 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Found a C20XE for sale on Novaload for £350 quid, no way am I paying more than that for a X14XE.

thats what i said till i added up the amount matt had spent on my x14
AK

3rd Jan 04 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc is back under is own name

Yip.... c20xe's can be had for little cashola. I have a spare one runs a bit rough tho

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What gearbox does the 1.4 16v Corsa Sport have? 23 database queries in 0.1918421 seconds