corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » why does every1 say corsa's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author why does every1 say corsa's
corsa120

User status: Offline
29th Dec 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vibrio stop disagreeing an try it get a passenger with 2 cars the same see how far ahead u get without passenger like i said 50 quid theres nout in it

same as say give a corsa 1.4 16v 90bhp, then give another 100bhp

bet they still are same in performance

u need to give the 1 corsa ata least 20bhp and torque gains for it to show on the road, i think alot of peeps are fooled by whats written on paper in comparison to actually seeing the difference on the road sorry but 60 kg's is not enough to make the corsa slower than saxo vtr the plain fact is the saxo has more torque an slight power gains over the corsa

why do u all keep arguing a sound system with 2 subs amps speakers etc is easy 50plus kg's do u notice a sudden powerloss in the car no dont think so
Daimo B

29th Dec 03 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Errr, actually, my install slowed me down somewhat But that was 170kg, not 50kg.

50kg over 1/4 mile will make a difference!!
vibrio
Banned

29th Dec 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
vibrio stop disagreeing an try it get a passenger with 2 cars the same see how far ahead u get without passenger like i said 50 quid theres nout in it

same as say give a corsa 1.4 16v 90bhp, then give another 100bhp

bet they still are same in performance

u need to give the 1 corsa ata least 20bhp and torque gains for it to show on the road, i think alot of peeps are fooled by whats written on paper in comparison to actually seeing the difference on the road sorry but 60 kg's is not enough to make the corsa slower than saxo vtr the plain fact is the saxo has more torque an slight power gains over the corsa

why do u all keep arguing a sound system with 2 subs amps speakers etc is easy 50plus kg's do u notice a sudden powerloss in the car no dont think so

assuming GT weights 1000kg with one person= 155bhp per ton
GT weights 1060kg with two people = 146bhp per ton

are you trying to tell me that there will be nothing it. how fucking dumb are you
Daimo B

29th Dec 03 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio

are you trying to tell me that there will be nothing it. how fucking dumb are you

So how did Andys 180bhp, 170lb ft, 15"s and stripped punto hardly outpace my 2.0 Corsa, with 16"s, 2 people, full interior, 155bhp and 145lb ft of torque from 70-125mph??

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by Daimo B]
vibrio
Banned

29th Dec 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio

So how did Andys 180bhp, 170lb ft, 15"s and stripped punto hardly outpace my 2.0 Corsa, with 16"s, 2 people, full interior, 155bhp and 145lb ft of torque from 70-125mph??

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by Daimo B]

Andy cannot drive Andy's spec should be under 16s to 100mph. mid 14s 1/4.
vibrio
Banned

29th Dec 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kindness was barely pulling away from me 70-120mph when he was one up.
corsa120

29th Dec 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo that is my point 170kg is pushing towards a third of the corsa's weight but 60 kg's will not even be barely noticable on the road between to cars

stop arguing ive tried the experiment me an mate have same corsa same engine everything one took a passenger an i did not we both ragged it down a45 from 20mph upwards to about 90 and we were both neck and neck and he had roughly 60-70 kg's more weight in the car

im not deniying it dont make a difference im arguing the fact that the60 kg difference between the saxo and corsa is not the reason the saxo is quicker

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » why does every1 say corsa's 23 database queries in 0.0059681 seconds