corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Some ice help..?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some ice help..?
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
27th Dec 03 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive got both me subs 10" type r 1021D's in my boot connected up to my mrdm500, power lead is connected up at both ends, ground has been made, and just to make sure the lead goes from sub off my head unit to input on my amp? Headunit is alpine 9815RB, and the Remote lead is connected to amp and to the remote on (blue) from head-unit, yet my amp still isnt turning on.

There is a fuse in power cable as well so it's not that!!

Thanks for any advice!!
Trigger

27th Dec 03 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my head unit i had an option to have amp on or off have you looked at the config on your headunit
the_legend_of_yrag

27th Dec 03 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Says i can have sub on/off on my h/u, so set that to on

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by the_legend_of_yrag]
TOMAS

27th Dec 03 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so the amp isnt turing on? First thing is check the amp fuses. If they look ok get a short piece of wire/ cable (10cm) make a connection from the connection on the amp where power (+) goes into the amp into the remote connection on the amp. If it turns on then your remote wire is at fault somewhere. If it still doesnt turn on then check all your wiring again (power from battery to boot inc the fuse AND earth to car cassis in the boot) The easiest thing would be to get hold of a multimeter (£5) which can tell you whats going on... Dont worry about the RCA's for the minute or even the connections to the sub. You want to focus on POWER, EARTH and REMOTE ONLY if its not even turning on.

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by TOMAS]
the_legend_of_yrag

28th Dec 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a shitty connection with the remote, was what i thought it was after all.

So amps turning on, now to check me wiring on me subs to get them working

TOMAS

28th Dec 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh if you want any help setting up the M500 let me know. Im running some of those amps and they are

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Some ice help..? 24 database queries in 0.0127962 seconds