corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lowered 70-75mm on 17's!! (Pic)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowered 70-75mm on 17's!! (Pic)
TOMAS

User status: Offline
24th Dec 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never heard of them, but yeah he could just mean that they are very uprated (very high poundage), however I feel that if he's driving it with the wheels that close to the arches it must be pretty solid and have VERY small amount of travel thus probably meaning its bottomed-out riding in the bumpstops which wears dampers VERY quickly and gives very poor handling.
You probably notice with your coilovers as I do that the lower you run them and closer to the bumpstops the less grip you get over bumpy corners...
ArdenSXi

24th Dec 03 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomas: I can assure you that the dampers arent running on the bumpstops, coz it hasnt got any at the front. The piston rods are way to thick to allow bumpstops. There isnt much travel on the dampers coz there so stiff. When i push down on the bonnet/wing over the front struts the arch gap dosent noticeably move. The kit is just very very stiff. As ive said a few times the shocks and springs were originally intended for the track.
The shocks are Delphi- De Carbon, (de-carbon being the company that used to make the shocks for bilstein- not sure if they still do)
moddedcorsa

24th Dec 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ure corsa looks mint arden sxi!!
mike16v

1st Feb 04 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i put my 17s on it was lowered 60mm front end, the arch sat on top of tyre striaght away, had to change to 40mm front end, still rubs

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll