corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help need RE: smashing my car up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help need RE: smashing my car up
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Dec 03 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As most of u know i smashed my car up recently, well the insurance company have said its a class b write off, but they have sold the car bk 2 me.

if its a class b i thought they couldnt sell it bk,

as i have it bk, can i now repair the damage and get a in depth mot on it, and it be road legal again??

cheers

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Adam-D

21st Dec 03 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think so

whats the damage?

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by Adam-D]
Dan
Premium Member

21st Dec 03 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear hub has gone, track rod end has snapped, suspension leg has bent

all these bits i can get 4 free off a mate who races corsa's 4 stock cars and has tons of spares

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Adam-D

21st Dec 03 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there no chasis damage?
if not then re-build it
i think u will ned a engineer report aswell for it to be road legal
but im not 100% sure
Redcorsa69

21st Dec 03 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if its the same for Bikes but my mates bike was a class b write off, he bought the bike off the insurance company, re-built it and got an engineers report + MOT making it road legal again.
Kris TD

21st Dec 03 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only problem with this is that it will still be classed as a right off and will be a complete pig trying to sell it, you will hardly get anything for it even thoguh its fully repaired. unless its quite new or you are planning on keeping it for years i would break it mate.
Drew
Banned

21st Dec 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it not be a q reg? think they stopped doing that a while back didnt they? so i have just contridicted myself
PaulW

21st Dec 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unsure - i have a feeling my next corsa will be a Q-reg with all the work that going to be done to it

from what I know though they do still do Q-reg cars, as there is still a market for kit-cars and such

plus i think my uncle who repaired his daughters golf after a rear end shunt (needed to replace rear quarter & some of the floorplan) managed to get it done & re-register the car under a Q-plate ok (this was about 6 months ago)

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by PaulW]
Sam.S

21st Dec 03 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa was a cat b write off and i was told i couldnt buy it back as they already sold it. A few months down the line i saw it back on the road

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help need RE: smashing my car up 24 database queries in 0.0053089 seconds