corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo PPL - 2nd Front Intercooler questions....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbo PPL - 2nd Front Intercooler questions....
MattyB

User status: Offline
17th Dec 03 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats pretty huge vibs - i got no space mate!! If i did fit a front mount, it could only really be like 200mm tall to fit in my front lower grille (in front of the rad).

Plus - people from the derv turbo section on PGAC also said that lag has been increased, and they are all using hybrids, which are capable of providing high enough boost to make the front mounted I/C a necessity.

With the boost upped to 1.3bar, i think the top mount IC with vent right above shud be fine??

One person even went onto say that he felt slight improvement since fitting a scooby vent to std I/C with phase 1 tune. Wot u think of that??

Matt

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by MattyB]
MattyB

17th Dec 03 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vmarc
What made you want to spend all this money on a diesel in forst place btw?

i've spent sod all so far really mate, and my future plans will all be sub £300 inc. havin the boost/fuelling reset again.

I admit i have the power bug now, and my original intentions wernt to touch the engine, but thats just how it changed.

But remember, even if the engine was running 1.5bar, uprated turbo/intercooler/fuelling etc and 160bhp, i would still get 50mpg+ out of it on a run as long as u dont boost up every where, coz thats where it goes thru the roof. ie: even with a stage 1 boost like mine, if i insisted on doin 90+mph on the m-way to work i'd get crap mpg (sub 25mpg)

Matt
Kris TD

17th Dec 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good too see someone else has the power bug

matty, has yours got a VVT?

vibrio, do you know if i would be able to fit the VVT from the new corsa c 1.7 cdti? i imagine it would fit as its basically the same engine, just wondered if it would work without an engine management system?
MattyB

17th Dec 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only VVT my engine knowledge stretches to is Variable Valve Timin Kris?? If thats wot u meant, then no, it doesnt. I dont believe the later HDis had it either.

Matt

PS: its more of a torque bug with dervs i reckon! lol. Once i've touched 200lb/torque i'll be happy........for a week.
Kris TD

17th Dec 03 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VVT = variable vein turbo

true, my torque figure wasnt as good as i hoped, new zoorst is on the cards, plus i got my bigger injectors and intercooler to go on
MattyB

17th Dec 03 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh rite - i dunno- mine runs a garrett T2, so i doubt it? I know the HDi has a pretty modern, all singing all dancin turbo, so that probably does

99bhp for a 1500 diesel without an I/C is pretty damn good anyway!! cant imagine wot u'll be runnin with all that kit on it? 120? 130? And similar torque levels i'm hopin for?

Matt
vibrio
Banned

17th Dec 03 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD

vibrio, do you know if i would be able to fit the VVT from the new corsa c 1.7 cdti? i imagine it would fit as its basically the same engine, just wondered if it would work without an engine management system?

the vains are usually controlled by boost. not sure if all are though.
vibrio
Banned

17th Dec 03 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
The only VVT my engine knowledge stretches to is Variable Valve Timin Kris?? If thats wot u meant, then no, it doesnt. I dont believe the later HDis had it either.

Matt

PS: its more of a torque bug with dervs i reckon! lol. Once i've touched 200lb/torque i'll be happy........for a week.

yes but that is peak. just turn the boost up. your turbo will overboost
Kris TD

17th Dec 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD

the vains are usually controlled by boost. not sure if all are though.

ah i see, ill do some more research, vvt's are the way forward for low down grunt
MattyB

17th Dec 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB

Matt

yes but that is peak. just turn the boost up. your turbo will overboost

sorry matey - dont get ya. u mean i shud whack up the boost myself to get 200lb/trq, and the turbo will take it? or is will just blow apart (hence the after?)

Matt

Matt
vibrio
Banned

17th Dec 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my turbo will boost to 1.6 bar but it don;t hold. can hold 1.2 for a bit and I get 1 bar @ 6000rpm
MattyB

18th Dec 03 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by White Flash
I dont think you can ever get full boost in 1st or 2nd once you tuned it up high?? I think thats what it is on the 1.5TD eg, when I tried 1.5 BAR, I only got it in 3rd, 4th and 5th.

ie: 'full load' can only be achieve in the higher gears once tuned?

coz thats the same as mine, i cant touch 1.1bar in 1st, can hold it for a bit 2nd, but 3rd, 4th and 5th, the needle just says right on 1.15bar.
Kris TD

18th Dec 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by White Flash
I dont think you can ever get full boost in 1st or 2nd once you tuned it up high?? I think thats what it is on the 1.5TD eg, when I tried 1.5 BAR, I only got it in 3rd, 4th and 5th.

this is correct, it will boost higher under load. which is why i only got 13 psi on the rollers when i get 16 on the road.
MattyB

18th Dec 03 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair douzzzzzzz

Car is booked into cool louvres for vent in new year, and 70% larger IC will be purchased soon

Then up to Alton to get the boost + fuelling reset once more to get me hopefully to 200lb/torque!

Oh.....and then RR'd to check this! lol

Matt
Adam

19th Dec 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/forums/Forum1/messages/11145.shtml

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo PPL - 2nd Front Intercooler questions.... 23 database queries in 0.0146151 seconds