corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amp help
jrsteeve

User status: Offline
12th Dec 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Hifonics 1500 amp has finally arrived from the states. Gonna get it wired up 2moz.
My current amp runs at about 400 watts rmsm but this is 1000 rms at 2 ohm. I asked before about the wiring, but, which parts will actually need replacing. I don't know the exact specs on my current wiring, but guess its pretty average.
With the increase in power, should i change the power and speaker cables, or just the speaker cabling?

Cheers
robtj

User status: Offline
13th Dec 03 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will most prob need to add a 2 or 4 gauge power cable, with a fuse somewhere u need heavy duty. Also upgrade your earth as more power will be pushed tho. The size of speaker cable is up to you but the bigger the better !!!!!!!!
i got a 4gauge power cable kit with fuse, head unit connecters earth and a few other little bits for about £100, u wont need to change the headunit cables but if u do change the power cable you must change the earth.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp help 24 database queries in 0.0109580 seconds