corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Klaxon Horns

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Klaxon Horns
Neshol

User status: Offline
27th Nov 03 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?CLS=MSPORT&TLGRP=M003&PGRP=MP047&GRP=MP047&PCODE=KLX29421X

Anyone got these? Opinions? The standard Corsa one is rather shitty, shall I replace it with this?
Neshol

27th Nov 03 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Neshol

28th Nov 03 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt - anyone?
PaulW

28th Nov 03 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that pic, i had one similiar to the one in top left, the air horn thingy, was fookin loud & made people shift alreet!
PaulW

28th Nov 03 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the best pic & was taken last january when I had a smash, you can just see where it was mounted, luckily on the battery platform, there were 2 holes where I could bolt it to the car & then I mounted the compressor on the inner wing where another hole was there for no reason - didnt need to use the supplied relay to wire it up, just unplugged the old horn & plugged in the compressor instead (just make sure you get the polarity right, or it will suck & not blow)

Also ya best cleaning out the compressor about every 3 months, easy to dismantle, clean it, oil it a little & put it back together

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by PaulW]
Neshol

28th Nov 03 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand about MOT's, its easy enough to swap over for that, but can coppers do me for not having a normal one functional?
Neshol

28th Nov 03 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're big buggers aint they
PaulW

28th Nov 03 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are pretty huge yesh!

As for MOT & Coppers, mine went through 2 MOT's without any problem with the horns fitted, plus on a random roadside check all the cop said there will be no problem anyone not hearing them & said there fine so guess there ok to use unless the law's changed
Neshol

28th Nov 03 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay mate. Not really that bothered as plates are illegal (already been done for em) and I don't have any reflectors. Cheers for your help
starkmotorsport

28th Nov 03 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have to have air horns on the rally cars, so they are totally road legal. Just note - they're loud!!!

Sat behind a guy in a filter lane the other week and he didnt see that it had gone green. A guy behind me was beeping his horn, so I gave him a quick blast and he soon woke up!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Klaxon Horns 23 database queries in 0.0124989 seconds