corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how much to

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how much to
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
26th Nov 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aright mateys, getting the car back friday night hopfully, thats if the company re engineering my crank get it back to the mechanic by tomoz lunch time, should be running perfect though my mechanic is a perfectionist he wont put his name to any thing unless it perfect.
The bill for the work is going through the roof its nearly £1000 now, my poor motor aint even got an engine init at the mo, the engine's got to re assembled and stuck back in yet he has got 1.5 days to do it!!!!
Carnt wait to get it back, shame i got to run the engine in though, its gonna be so tempting to stick me foot down.
HHHMMMMM the old engine was down on power any way it was probably pushing only 100bhp but its gonna be some where about 140bhp+ when i get it back, picking up a chromed lexmaul manifold on saturday, its the one off donna GSI's car got it for a bargain
Gary GSi

27th Nov 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to hear its finally going ok. What is your Dad gonna say to the bloke that did a shit job on the engine first time round, when he phones up? Ask for money or for proof the crank was properly re-ground and balanced.
tay_lor

28th Nov 03 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u shud of taken pictures to prove all is still original and try 2 get one of the mechanics at the good garage to be a witness on wot had or hadnt been dun 2 the engine
Greasemonkey

28th Nov 03 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done that matey, god a signed report from my mechanic, taken pictures of the parts and getting a vauxhall mechanic to check them over and sign to say the part are standard and show the wear of about 60'000 miles not just 1500 miles
Think me dads gonna go nuts, he will start by threatening him, to scare him into maybe paying and if not take it to small claims court, my dad will just confuse him with a load of legal law stuff
James R

28th Nov 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with getting the money, tis ppl like that which make s/h stuff such a mine field. You getting the mech to drop the ARP's in too?
Greasemonkey

28th Nov 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah getting a new manifold saturday so while i have the old one off i am gonna fit the ARP's, its just about time for a good 7500rpm rev limit he he
well after the new engine is run in, me pipercross viper turned uptoday too !!!
James R

28th Nov 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loverly, actually you can go to 8k, but no point if the cams don't work up at those revs and you risk the pistons playing BANG
Gary GSi

29th Nov 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any news Chris? Has your dad rang the bloke yet?
Greasemonkey

30th Nov 03 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aright matey, waiting till ya get your car back from the bloke before i drop him in the shit, let me know, getting all the evidence together, he didnt even lighten and balance the fly wheel!!!! what a tosser

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how much to 24 database queries in 0.0128832 seconds