corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Viewing a corsa b tomorrow to buy private......help.....what to look for......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Viewing a corsa b tomorrow to buy private......help.....what to look for......
5doormodder

User status: Offline
24th Nov 03 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all,

Im going to view/buy a corsa 1.2 16v 2000 x reg tomorrow.

Can anyone with some experience in buying cars help me with what to look out for, i.e checking for faults, wear and tear, etc etc.

I know to check the b pillars for cracks etc as thats often a common sign of a thrashed corsa. But does anyone else have some good advice ??

Any would be much appritiated !
5doormodder

24th Nov 03 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wounds very genuine and has only done 32k miles.

I bought it from ebay buy i aint handing any cash over until ive checked the whole thing over.

PaulW

24th Nov 03 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check all fluid levels & signs for leaks, take it for a quick drive (from a cold start), get up to 30, put in 5th & then floor it & keep a look in rear mirror for signs of any smoke, aswell as any hesitation or jerking
also when first starting it, keep a listen for any rattling or tapping noises which sound a bit too loud for a car this age

take cap off coolant bottle & check for any oily residue, and take cap of oil check for any creamy-ness & bits

check to see if pre-tensioners have fired on the seats (little yellow tabs which shoot up from the seatbelt clibs next to the handbrake)

check all electrics (lights, indicators, heaters, wipers, horn, etc)

use a pound coin & just slide it between the joins on the panels & doors just making sure that all the gaps are equal (signs of a smash or poor repair work if unequal)

check the chassis numbers on the VIN plate under the bonnet (on the front slam panel, is a black plate), compare numbers to ones on the dash by the window & also next to the seat mounts (there is like a small plastic clip bit you can open which is between the door & the seat, which in there the chassis number is pressed into the metal)

ask them when the car was last serviced & where, check there registration documents fully against the car (again, chassis number will need checking), and see how long it was since the previous owner (if any)

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by PaulW]

corsa3.0v6

24th Nov 03 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

generally corsa's that age didn't hav probs with rear quarters cracking.
5doormodder

24th Nov 03 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys thats been a great help, Really appritiate it !

Greasemonkey

24th Nov 03 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear quarter pillar cracking dosn mean its been thrashed its just some thing that happens, nothing to worry about really

New Poll