corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
michelle

User status: Offline
20th Nov 03 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My engine immobilizer light in my corsa is constantly on and whenever I go below 20mph it cuts out and I have to restart my engine. I know that I need to get this looked at and am getting it looked at but I just wondered if anyone had ever had this problem, is so what was the problem and how much did it cost to fix??
Kerry

20th Nov 03 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idle air control valve
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EGR or Idle Control valve me dear costly if your gona be going to vauxhall but if you want a gentlemen that will do it for much cheaper give

Roy (Roys Auto Repairs Arbroath) 01241 871260

Tell him Derek from Stoney told ya to phone him, he did mine and did a top job on it while i waited
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swear by this guy by the way never trusted any garage more than his and he was the guy that built LuckyB's old Raaaaapid corsa
michelle

20th Nov 03 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to go to Vauxhall and pay £30 for them to tell me exactly what was wrong with it then go somewhere else. Do you reckon this guy would be able to tell me what exactly was wrong with it?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i 100% beleive in Roy and it sounds exactly like what was happening to me and he fixed it in 3 hours give him a phone and tell him Derek Gave you his number. Ask for Roy you'll get his wife i think
michelle

20th Nov 03 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'll give him a phone tonight only thing is I don't know how I'll get my car to Arbroath as it's a nightmare to drive just now with it keeping cutting out.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i beleive he could pick it up but that would be at a charge me thinks, i was £40 from Stoney to Arbroath not sure how much it would be for you. I would say just try your hardest to get it there, keep the revs up and you should be ok
Adam-D

20th Nov 03 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont slow down....
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Michelle phone him before 6 otherwise he will be gone from the garage and i'm afraid im not allowed to give out his personal number
michelle

20th Nov 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
dont slow down....

Yeah I know that when it first happened we were in Livingstone and had to drive back all the way to Kirkintilloch and the M8 is terrible for the 40 MPH restrictions, I was shitting myself incase we broke down.
Paul_J

20th Nov 03 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by michelle
I was going to go to Vauxhall and pay £30 for them to tell me exactly what was wrong with it then go somewhere else. Do you reckon this guy would be able to tell me what exactly was wrong with it?

My local vauxhaul asked for £76 of my english pounds for this service of just finding out what was wrong, and I laughed and said I'm not paying that - and they said 'you won't find it any cheaper any where else' - I just walked out

Lying cunts, glad I didn't pay em.

I've got a problem with my idle control valve atm - but I'm living with it, it only kicks in when you slightly come off the throttle + slightly go back on, providing you keep your foot down the idle valve stays open and it drives fine.

Paul J
Chris P

20th Nov 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definately the Idle control valve, happened to me when I fitted my Induction kit

Car was under warrante and it was done for free

All the mechanics were arguing who would take it for a test drive

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0139740 seconds