corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Matrix Revolutions discussion (spoilers possible!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Matrix Revolutions discussion (spoilers possible!)
kerzo

User status: Offline
7th Nov 03 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you think of it? i personally thought it was a very poor let down of an initially good sequel. Reloaded made me wanna see this so much but now that i have I am very disappointed. hopefully it will grow on me coz i thought the first two were amazing, some good cgi in this but altogether a bit corny.
Kris TD

7th Nov 03 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was crap, thought it was cheesy
Kris TD

7th Nov 03 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=100364
kerzo

7th Nov 03 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ending was so piss, the oracle might as well say "there is gonna be another sequel so we can milk more money from ya!!"
Paul_J

7th Nov 03 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd one was shite!

3rd one was better imo

Wasn't expecting neo to go blind or trintity to die!

total shock watching it...

I felt let down as it didn't go as deep as I thought it would - (I thought it'd say that the real world was a matrix within a matrix) thus even in the real world they were still inside the matrix and thus hopefully the actual real world wouldn't be as shit and they could defeat the machines with a virus style thing and wake up in the REAL REAL world...

Glad it answered some questions like explaining that neo could use his powers outside the matrix on anything connected to the source, i.e. machines...

Paul J
kerzo

7th Nov 03 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the 2nd one was far superior in every way. it went into a lot of detail (too much maybe!) and the actions scenes in the matrix were second to none. i just dont rate it as a good film compared to the first and second. all that flying about is incredibly cheesy!!!
Trotty

7th Nov 03 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I watched it tonight, not entirely sure what to make of it really.

On one hand, whatever type of ending they did people were always going to pick holes in it really.

They obviously didn't want to leave it on too dark a note, hence why you don't actually know if Neo is dead or not.

I'll give it another watch irrespective, but so far, I think the 2nd was the best
Paul_J

7th Nov 03 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

several reasons why the 2nd film was a pile of wank...

A) it dragged out for ages - felt so slow when I bought the DVD to let my parents + sister watch it, they all fell asleep half way through.

B) The whole first half of the 2nd film was the biggest pile of toss - you wanna talk cheese, thats cheese! Oh yeh man, lets have a party - we're all gonna die - wehay!

Just felt like a fucking star trek of something ghey like that with all the 'commity' and generals etc...

it was no longer just some rebels, it was like a board of people that decided stuff?

C) In the first film, when they were in the matrix it looked like the world we live in, in the 2nd film however it did not - it looked nothing like the world we're used to, everything looking futuristic and spasticated, i.e. buildings, cars (that prototype cadilac) and other things...

D) in the 2nd film I just felt like they were saying 'errm, lets just have a random fight scene coz we have to...'

E) there were a lot of sections of the 2nd film where the characters were replaced with 3d models that didn't even look slightly real and they thought we wouldn't notice - totally looked tacky and shit imo.

F) you wanna talk cheese, what about all that 'SUPERMAN' stuff in the 2nd film...

G) basically was nothing more than a lead up to the 3rd film... and a F*cking long lead up at that.

[Edited on 07-11-2003 by Paul_J]
kerzo

7th Nov 03 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i assume that neo is still alive in some way coz when that wee girl asks the oracle will she ever see neo again she replies quite likely (can't remember the exact line but something along that direction!!)

i think they went on a bit too much about this love thing but when trinity died it didnt really seem that big a deal for some reason
kerzo

7th Nov 03 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah some valid points there but IMO i still much prefer the second one, maybe just have to watch the 3rd again a few times.

however nothign really compares to the originality of the first one, a hard act to follow
Paul_J

7th Nov 03 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kerzo
i think they went on a bit too much about this love thing but when trinity died it didnt really seem that big a deal for some reason

hehe I noticed that too ... it was like in the 2nd film if she died it would of been the biggest deal, but in the 3rd it was like 'oh well, shit happens'...

The thing is, neo knew they were all screwed, the fact he's blinded and on a suicide mission he was going there to die / for them both to die so in some ways he should of expected it...

and finally he might of already known she was going to die, for the fact the arcitech in the 2nd film said 'Trinity is going to die and there's nothing you can do' ... yet neo kept her living, but she dies later on...

I can't imagine the machines + humans living happily ever after - if you've seen the animatrix's you'll see how they got in this shit in the first place

Finally, I wasn't paying attention at the end of the 3rd one, what exactly was gonna happen?

I thought they said they were gonna free everyone from the matrix, but then my mate said 'ah no, she said free anyone who wants to be freed' - but how will anyone know whether they want to be freed or not if they don't even realise they're in a matrix...

hehe they'll probably make a short film called 'Matrix - Revisited' - like 10 years after the 3rd film... Humans + machines living happliy and them cleaned up the sky in the real world etc...

Paul J
Trotty

7th Nov 03 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, the way I see it they'll attempt to carry on like this:

95% of people plugged into the Matrix are obvlious to it so they continue as normal, and the machines are happy with that.

The 5% who are 'aware' get freed and they're happy - sorted
Paul_J

yeh the 1st one was ground breaking coz the concept was so amazing... people who had technical knowledge understood that this could be achieved - people with no technical knowledge would enjoy the kung fu lol

thus why the 2nd and 3rd wern't so ground breaking...

but why I thought my whole matrix within a matrix in the real world would be much better - coz its a final twist.

the reason you probably feel the 3rd one is shit - is coz you were expecting a lot more!

the 2nd one is just a stop gap, so you hardly expect much from it, the 3rd one you wanted to answer every question you had and end in a good way...

A game is being made called 'The Matrix Online' - and I think they in some ways had to keep the whole Matrix thing alive for that?
Jason

matrix freaks i aint seen one and im proud!
Paul_J

7th Nov 03 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Trotty
Nah, the way I see it they'll attempt to carry on like this:

95% of people plugged into the Matrix are obvlious to it so they continue as normal, and the machines are happy with that.

The 5% who are 'aware' get freed and they're happy - sorted

but atm the real world is far worse than being in the matrix... HOWEVER - if they make the real world a nice place, i.e. clean up the sky + go back to the surface then more and more people won't want to stay in the matrix if they know there's another world out there...

Then whats the point of the matrix?

If people are told they're being used as batteries I bet they'd prefere to leave the matrix, and if they haven't sorted the sky out - what will the machines do for power?

they need the humans to be plugged in unless the sky is sorted.

Paul J
kerzo

7th Nov 03 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was intially expecting a matrix within a matrix so that threw me a wee bit.....to tell you the truth i dunno what i wanted from the 3rd one but i didnt get it, mayeb just teh way movies have been this past while, hopefully the return of the king will brighten everythign back up again!!
kerzo

7th Nov 03 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thoguht the animatrix was brilliant and helped to explain everythign perfectly, was better than the 2 sequels
Paul_J

7th Nov 03 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh I know what you mean kerzo, I felt the 3rd was a bit lacking, but when you think about it - if they had gone really deep then they would of probably had to end it with loads of 'what ifs?' and you'd be feeling like you wanted more explained...

the films supposed to be beginning, middle and end ... and thats exactly what they've done...

I'm curious to know whats after the credits on the 3rd film though

on the other 2 there were trailors for the next (or at least at the end of the 2nd)

Paul J
kerzo

7th Nov 03 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never really hung about to find out i was that disappointed !
Paul_J

7th Nov 03 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't that upset about 3rd matrix, quite pleased... the whole neo getting blinded and trinity dying was enough of a shock... to make me pleased to not be what I was expecting... how many things kill there 2 main characters?

2 f 2 f now there was a shit sequel!
kerzo

7th Nov 03 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it was actually better than the first but then again thats not comparing it to much! if you are watching that for a story line just forget it
Jason

7th Nov 03 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

2 f 2 f now there was a shit sequel!

no way far better
CraigyG

7th Nov 03 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have to download it later see wat its like fook goin pictures thought the 2nd was borin so no point in spendin money if this 1 is borin
OFcorsa

7th Nov 03 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you will find that neo has been reinserted back into the matrix! as smith dies cos neo not being their causes an unbalanced equation so therefore there is no need for smith. I loved that little mother fucker! i really enjoyed the film i have found now that you shouldnt lookto much into a film as you will alwaysfind holes that will annoy you with any film.
John_C

8th Nov 03 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too hollywood, too glossy. disappointment really.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Matrix Revolutions discussion (spoilers possible!) 23 database queries in 0.1990621 seconds