corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine dress up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine dress up
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
4th Nov 03 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have noticed there is not a great deal of polished parts avaliable for the corsa so i took this job into my own hands, over the last couple of days i have been hand polishing parts of my engine bay, so far the rocker cover and air flow meter on my GSI.
I take out all the imperfections in the metal so it is as smooth as glass and then polish it up, I have quite enjoyed this for some strange reason, rocker cover took me 6 hours, air flow meter took 5 hours (lots of rough edges and auwkward corners)
Just wondered if it was worth me producing polished parts and selling them on an exchange basis??????
Just an idea
luca2020

4th Nov 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics?
Greasemonkey

4th Nov 03 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will try and get some tomoz, i will borrow the digital camera from work, good thing about having polished parts under the bonnet is not only do they look the bollox they become a piece of piss to clean too no ingrain dirt it just wipes straight off
R Lee

4th Nov 03 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good mate.
luv to see how they turn out.
Greasemonkey

5th Nov 03 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they turned out so much better than i expected, just getting the car ready for next summer, might try and visit a few shows, if any one is interested u2u me
miles

5th Nov 03 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my rocker cover polished and it looked ok, didn't come up like chrome though, then without regular polishing it went manky quite quickly.

Powder coating is the way forward

u2u me if anyone wants a powder coated rocker cover, stainless plug cover, battery cover......

New Poll