corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GSI Probs!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GSI Probs!!!
ecogsi

User status: Offline
4th Nov 03 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has the same year corsa gsi as me (L 94)and it runs about as smooth as mine apart from in the morning. If i start mine alongside his, his sounds like a totally different engine because it ticks so loud!! When its cold i.e winter, it sounds like a tappet is sticking. When you rev it the ticking goes faster and sounds terrible but its so easy to get rid of it. If he turns the engine off and starts it again its goes or if he revs it hard it goes. The loacal garage says that its a sticking tappet and to use thicker oil. They also say dont bother fixing or adjusting it because it does hardly any damage (the garage are very honest and friendly and never rip us off) What do you guys reckon? What oil is best for a gsi to keep it quiet and looked after? any help would be very appreciated!!!
Mattb

User status: Offline
4th Nov 03 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15w/40 mobil 1 mate, worked for me, but mine kept burnin it (piston ings)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GSI Probs!!! 23 database queries in 0.0087790 seconds