corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Has Any one else experienced this (please look in)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has Any one else experienced this (please look in)
whitter45

User status: Offline
   2nd Nov 03 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright guys after some advice here. The other day i took the oil cap off my engine to find a mayo type substance all over the cap. Checked the water for dirt etc and the water is cystal clear. Checked the dip stick for a mixture of oil and water and the dip stick was fine just oil was present.
This happened to me this time last year just as the temperatures began to drop. Over the summer just gone however the cap has been fine with no mayo type substance at all
so i was just wondering if anyone elase has had this problem and is it due to the drop in temperature over winter as in summer there has been no sign of this what so ever. I was thinking it could be condensation or residue caused by cold weather
Cheers any opinions or advice is much appreciated
kerzo

2nd Nov 03 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had exactly the same thing happened to mine and it was coz the only trips i made were short ones and it was condensation. I now do about 350 miles per week and the cap is a nice rich black now! i thought it was my head gasket going at first but i wasnt losing any water so that was it
whitter45

2nd Nov 03 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats exactly what i thought mate cos i have no other symptons of the head gasket going. Cheers mate you have put my mind at rest now
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Nov 03 at 03:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes classic symptons of water in the oil which can be caused by condensation as well as head gasket failure.
Sims

2nd Nov 03 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah could be possibility of condenstation or the result of lots of short journeys. i thought that i had this due to the cold wet weather and traveling less than a mile or 2 to work and to my girlfriends.

But best thing to do is to get your car into the garage and get compression checks on each pistol to see if the gasket is going. Yesterday the garage found that my number 3 pistol was slightly losing pressure. Only cost me £10 for the check which is worth doing.

So i have the choice of forking out £250+ to get head gasket changed and head skimmed or just leaving it how it is for the mean time

[Edited on 02-11-2003 by Sims]
ado

2nd Nov 03 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normal on loads of short journeys just condomsation mate.

New Poll