corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » More Engine Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author More Engine Problems
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
   31st Oct 03 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last night i was driving along then allof a sudden when ever i put my foot on the clutch the revs dropped to 0 and it cut out so i had to rev the engine during gear change, today the cars not doing it but the revs do drop low from time t time and creep up at idle.
The engine is a C16 XE the throttle position sensor, idle control valve, temperature sensor are all new so it carnt be that and the engine managment light didnt come on!!!
Help, also i have had trouble with the car cutting out wheather it be idling, accelerating crusing any thing does it random, when i turn the ignition off to turn it back on again the engine turns over but dont fire, if i keep switching the ignition on and off eventually the ecu light illuminates and it starts then goes out like normal, is this an alarm problem guys
cheers
Cybermonkey

31st Oct 03 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked the condtion of your battery? My old Corsa did this, i found it out to be corroded terminals.
Greasemonkey

31st Oct 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a new battery in the garage just phoned me dad and told him to put it on charge, see if that helps when i get in, i thought the battery was a little dodgey cos when my subs are pounding away the neons in the foot wells and headlights dim to the beat!!!!
Gambit

31st Oct 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have a new battery in the garage its hardly gonna need charged is it?
Cybermonkey

31st Oct 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grease, this is not good. I suspect its your battery then. Go get yourself a good un with a nice ampage
paul_spurrell

31st Oct 03 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
if you have a new battery in the garage its hardly gonna need charged is it?

this is what i thought
Greasemonkey

31st Oct 03 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it is cos i been using it to jump my mums car as her alarm flatten's the battery on her car
mattyboy199

31st Oct 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

immoboliser mine was faulty caused the car to do a similar thing
Greasemonkey

31st Oct 03 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did ya get it sorted mate, can i just unplug it and thats it, see i got a vauxhall immobilisor and a clifford one, where do they hide the vauxhall immobilisor so i can unplug it
mattyboy199

1st Nov 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno mate basically my local tunning shop re - solded the connections & now its fine.
nathanx16xe

2nd Aug 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chek ur vaccum pipe

New Poll