corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » whining sound from car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whining sound from car
ado

User status: Offline
19th Oct 03 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4tt
mine whines too, i think it's my clutch too -
when im at idle in neutral ( clutch not pressed) i get a whining/humming noise, it whines when i rev it, and when i driving it too.

Thought it was my belt, but checked it loadsa times and it's ok.

30 mins to change a clutch aye, might have a butchers, i've got 1.4 16v though - does the engine need to come out to get the clutch out?

matt

Yo!! No mate engine and gearbox stay in situ,u take plate off bottom of gearbox,pull shaft from middle of cluch via end of gearbox,need sum clutch retaining clips and assistant,all sounds complicated best if you read a haynes manual but it not that hard,may take little longer if you not done it before. You will have to take clutch out tho to make room for bearing to come out tho,maybe change at same time i wud.
Kris TD

19th Oct 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought it might be that, engines gonna come out at some point anyway so ill do it then.
M4tt

19th Oct 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers kris ill do it with me dad, i learn most of ma stuff of im

ill do the clutch too, cause it's done nearly 90K.
ado

19th Oct 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4tt
mine whines too, i think it's my clutch too -
when im at idle in neutral ( clutch not pressed) i get a whining/humming noise, it whines when i rev it, and when i driving it too.

Thought it was my belt, but checked it loadsa times and it's ok.

30 mins to change a clutch aye, might have a butchers, i've got 1.4 16v though - does the engine need to come out to get the clutch out?

matt

Yo cool!!

No mate engine and clutch stay in and you remove a plate underneath the gearbox to gain access,then remove end plate off gearbox and pull out shaft that goes thought the clutch plate,get an assistant(girlfriend will do) to press clutch pedal put on clutch retainers and undo bolts and out comes clutch and then you will be able to see thrust bearing,best to read a haynes manual will help and be more clear!
uprated

19th Oct 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my thrust bearing does that when ive got my foot on the clutch, annoys the hell out of everyone in the car when i make little jingles up with all the different sounds in a traffic jam
ado

19th Oct 03 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by uprated
my thrust bearing does that when ive got my foot on the clutch, annoys the hell out of everyone in the car when i make little jingles up with all the different sounds in a traffic jam

Hey better still keep foot on all time til bearing is totally shagged and then your tunes will have their own amp! COOL or what!
Wolfy

27th Oct 03 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates on the niose? mine is the alternator... mic and laptop came in handy lol
corsa_lover1987

11th Mar 06 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone thought it might be the fan belt tensioner bearing as they whine when they wear out
MikeE

11th Mar 06 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_lover1987
has anyone thought it might be the fan belt tensioner bearing as they whine when they wear out

post digger
CorsAsh

11th Mar 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 does it, I think it grew a supercharger.
N90ATH

11th Mar 06 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye mine does this i wwent to vuaxhall and after a few hours of them scratching there heads it turned out that it was the alternator, best thing is to go to vuax dealer and ask them to have a look as i was told in can be many other things.
craig8
Premium Member

12th Mar 06 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alternater diodes is what i was told off a mechanic

E36 328
caseboy

11th Dec 08 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its almost definaty your trust bearing the bearing if fucked anf will eventualy eat through the clutch cover .
i work on tractor for a living and the old ones used to do that
Dom

11th Dec 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grave Digger

not sure what it was, noise seemed to disappear after a while. Not as if it matters, car is stuck on the driveway without a gearbox

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll