corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CORSA vs FOCUS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CORSA vs FOCUS
kz

User status: Offline
9th Oct 03 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi would anyone be interested in a corsa vs focus day? the focus boys recently took on the SSC and beat them... just! i was talking to my mate from FFOC and he said itd be a good idea, and hes gonna post something on there as well.

i know a few people on there and theyre well alright. i think itd be interesting because they have ST170s and a couple of RSs, but they weigh loads, and with the amount of 2.0 corsas on here, especially if theyre stripped out i reckon itd be a close call so if youre interested, please post something, also places it could be, and when you could do it. i also want to know say... the top 10 fastest corsas on here!

think about what we wanna prove... 1/4 mile times, laps on a course, BHP and torque figures etc. personally im thinking next summer would be a good time, hopefully by then ill have a fast enough car to bring along as well. cheers for any responce

[Edited on 09-10-2003 by kz]
MarkM

9th Oct 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ST170's would prb be beaten down the strip by the 2 litre corsa's but as for the RS forget about it...probably only one corsa which would give them a race and that was lucky b's which would actually beat them!!
kz

9th Oct 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but they only have like one or two RSs on FFOC... we could just put in a rule like...

no turbos!
big eck

9th Oct 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be well up for this, the Focus RS is a very good car BUT they're not as fast as you think. Just name when and where for this, callin all big powered corsas lets give the RS lads a run for there money.
MarkM

9th Oct 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sorry the wont be beaten up the strip by most on here...besides if your gonna start adding rules...they could turn around and say ok all our cars are standard engines with a few mods etc...but the corsa's will have a completley different engine upgrade...

big eck

9th Oct 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no no no rules just the rs folks against the corsa folk, anything goes.
kz

9th Oct 03 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay thats one person so car thanks big eck. probably thinking santa pod? thats where the focus vs saxo day was. what motors do you think should be included? we should have all our 2.0s, and i suppose some corsasport 1.6s and GSis.

the FFOC lot have a couple of RSs, lots of STs and most other ones are around 1.6/1.8 (105BHP/115BHP) which i know can be beaten easily!

keep the opinions coming...

PS: do we have any turbo or supercharged corsas on here?
corb

9th Oct 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AP RACING
Kindness if he can get the new engine done in time
Andy Hamilton
CraigPCG or his old car if you can get hold of it

Just a few quick ones off the top of my head, that'd give em a good runnin.
Adam_B

9th Oct 03 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im always up for caning the bollocks off my 2.0 corsa

[Edited on 09-10-2003 by Adam_B]
kz

9th Oct 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool well ill keep this post near the top of the list over the next week or so, see if we can get enough people interested ill let you all know the responce from FFOC as well!

PS: if any mods are reading, is there anyway this can stay at the top... for a while anyway, see what the responce is
kerzo

9th Oct 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its response btw
kz

9th Oct 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks kerzo, for your response
and-m

9th Oct 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
The ST170's would prb be beaten down the strip by the 2 litre corsa's but as for the RS forget about it...probably only one corsa which would give them a race and that was lucky b's which would actually beat them!!

eh? 1/4 mile time for the RS is 15.8, most 2 litres of 1.6 16v on TBs will get better than that.
Screaming Vtec

10th Oct 03 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

eh? 1/4 mile time for the RS is 15.8, most 2 litres of 1.6 16v on TBs will get better than that.

15.8 - I think you'll find they are a LOT quicker than that.
Nismo

10th Oct 03 at 04:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be up for this ive allready blown the RS's away down here just another few aint a problem

Doh i dont own a corsa
stuyw

10th Oct 03 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all depends on where the meet is m8 - where u thinking about having it
Robbo

10th Oct 03 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
yeah but they only have like one or two RSs on FFOC... we could just put in a rule like...

no turbos!

The RS has a turbo...
Daimo B

10th Oct 03 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus ST170, beaten many a time in my 2.0. Thats round a track, and on motorways etc. For 170bhp, i am most un-impressed. ITs good though, proper "bo" ard boys trying to show up the little corsa, yet the corsa can easily go by

As for a Focus RS, a Corsa would not stand a chance against one. Maybe a flat out straigh run, but as for anything else (Well, anything that involved corners) the corsa would have a can of "whooooop assss" opened on it
Robbo

10th Oct 03 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed!! The ST170 for the price is severely underpowered
stuyw

10th Oct 03 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

st170's look crap too - or is that the way ford intended them to be
Daimo B

10th Oct 03 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never thought focus's look crap personnally. I think they can be kitted to look really really nice, and that 2.0 zetec responds great to modding. Turbo's especially

They arn't too bad, good when kitted, but its the dash, i cannot stand most ford dash's, the material just looks so cheap, tacky, shiney and orrible.
stuyw

10th Oct 03 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, but in standard form they aint exactly a looker, but put some big wheels on it n get it lowered n they do look decent, but yeah, dash is terrible, the inside of the RS aint that clever - WTF is the blue steering wheel about
Daimo B

10th Oct 03 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God knows U'd have thought they could have made it with better material in the RS

One thing i wil say is that they've got a pretty big exhaust for standard Still can't hear it though

Hows ur 2.0 running anyway? Done anything more to it recently?
Cybermonkey

10th Oct 03 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is something for you to chew on. I have a Corsa 1.6 with just a drilled airbox and panel filter. My dad used to have an ST170, they were quick off the mark and they redline very high, but if i was to accelerate from about 40mph, i could keep up with my dads ST170 with ease, right up to 90mph. Then the 6th gear on the ST170 would see it keep its momentum whilst i was losing it. My dad was most impressed with my little corsa!! Only thing is, they have lots of differences over the standard 2.0Zetec's, and adding stuff like a better exhaust system, better induction system, sees impressive gains. Also the Superchips Bluefin is a damn good piece of technology to help boost BHP and torque.

dave
stuyw

10th Oct 03 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah true m8
corsa is running fine at the moment m8 - put sum petrol addative in the other week n seems to be running a bit better
am going to be fitting false floor, rollcage, buckets (impreza turbo, if i can get a set), n a few other bits n bobs in a few weeks hopefully. Hows ur going m8? wot u got planned for urs??

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CORSA vs FOCUS 22 database queries in 0.0990820 seconds