corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who's been pulled over by the police.

Poll: Who's been pulled over by the police.
  Yes
  No

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who's been pulled over by the police.
SteveW

User status: Offline
10th Oct 03 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no idea how many times

Tonnes, at one point i was getting pulled about twice a week. Then stopped for speeding about 5-6 times. (no points )
loads of producers and 1 fix it note.

The police round here are monkeys they really have nothing better to do then pull me over to have a look around my car.
Romford Astra

10th Oct 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy
what is the polices perspective on modified cars romford???? do you pull them because they are modified?

not atall.

I rarely pull over modified cars, only if they are driving like twats or the car looks dangerous to others, if they have fog lights on that sort of thing.

We generally dont have a bigger problem with modified cars as we do with say, old ladies or middle aged men, i admit there are some people out their who have got their stories crossed and mixed for the wrong reasons, they think all modified car owners go street racing when I know for a fact that most dont, its just that because of these "street racers" hanging around the modified scene that everyone gets picked on for it.

The police are starting to realise this now though, and that not all modified owners are bad, but its about time people realise that not all police are bad and against car enthusiasts, this is the biggest issue. They need to stop tarnishing people with the same brush just because there is a small minority of people who cause trouble etc.

Hope that cleared a few things up.

and this "why dont you go catch a burglar or something" m'larky will get people know where either.............do you know how hard it is to catch a burglar?

they state you have a 168,000 to 1 chance of catching them at the scene.

not very big odds really
Kerry

10th Oct 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are u a RT cop pete?
Romford Astra

10th Oct 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, community policing team. we get our patch and do that, but we can still deal with traffic duties if needed, but thats our main job role.

Theres quite a few different "beat teams" if you want to call them that.

CPT Team as above
Prblem solving team - deal with areas that have been designated an area with regular criminals and problems

then you have all the A-E shifts aswell
Kerry

10th Oct 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not causin an argument or gettin into it but.............

it annoys me when normal police, or wotever they are called, pull motorists for random checks. surely that should be a road traffic cops job

fair enough if they blatantly see someone commitin an offence but randon checks ffs

and now i know ure gonna tell me some times they do it after a certain time to get a record of people in the area incase of a crime but half the time im sure they do it kus they are bored

*awaits yet another flaming*

p.s i have never been pulled by a police car in the 8 years ive been driving
Romford Astra

10th Oct 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, thats not why we do it.

for example, I can only speak for my particular division obviously so i dont know what other counties and even other divisions do in essex for some things.

Eg: in thurrock division we have a lot of stolen fords, anything up to L reg statisticly gets regularly stolen, so we do stop checks on old fords.

some places may have checks on tax discs because thats a common problem in an area, like no insurance and license can be a common thing, it is down here.

So its not a case of cops being bored, we have targets to meet given to us by david blunkett so he can show members of the public what the police are doing.
Kerry

10th Oct 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but shouldnt that be road traffic

surely ure job would be to stop pedestrians and check for stolen trainers
J da Silva

10th Oct 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u drive a vw golf your not a crim, the minute u step into a ford older than an L REG, then uve shit it really
Romford Astra

10th Oct 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, Traffic cops dont deal with town's, there job specificly if I state what the government said there job role is:

reduction in the number of serious or fatal road traffic collisions on public roads

they also deal with firearms jobs in essex,when we get them which is abot 500 a year
p16vlv

10th Oct 03 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got stopped once for overtaking an unmarked police car who was indicating left , so he caught up with me and told me it was a bit early for boyracing, i was older than him. i think it had something to do with the noise from my old engine with throttle bodies on it.(very loud at 6 in the morning.
Kerry

10th Oct 03 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if u steal an L reg ford in thurrock ure ok as long as u dont drive in town
J da Silva

10th Oct 03 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just go to the countryside
J da Silva

10th Oct 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well to stop me havin any run ins with coppers,i'll paint my skin black and go on the doll whilst doin side jobs,cash in hand
p16vlv

10th Oct 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
well to stop me havin any run ins with coppers,i'll paint my skin black and go on the doll whilst doin side jobs,cash in hand
no you dont have to go that far just steal a car because they never catch car thieves.
Romford Astra

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
so if u steal an L reg ford in thurrock ure ok as long as u dont drive in town

nope, its a divisional wide policy so you will have every officer briefed on it to do a certain amount of checks a day. In the CPT team we have to do 5-6 a day, so you can imagine the entire 3000 officers doing stop checks, and you know why people get stopped so often.

if you want a morale:

Dont drive a shitty old ford
Kerry

and nick trainers specially fast ones
Kerry

10th Oct 03 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Romford Astra
if you want a morale:

Dont drive a shitty old ford

i have done plenty times sometimes illegally and i stil aint been pulled
Romford Astra

10th Oct 03 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats your police force, not ours
Skipz

11th Oct 03 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been pulled three times once before i passed my test. no tax license mot or insurance (tax and mot out by two or three days!), Second time i got pulled cruising round town after being at the falkirk wheel cruise in september it was just a routine stop nothing wrong with the car! two weeks ago i got pulled THREE days after puttin my Combat back on after some git smashed it with a trailer door and the police warned me about puttin the number plate in the window they said it was illegal but i was told it's legal f*ck knows what is what isnt anymore the police make up the rules as they go along i think

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by h18_oab]

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by h18_oab]
SXi_Si_2002

11th Oct 03 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twice , once in each car ive had. Wasn't able to do anything each time other than giving me a producer! 1st time the said i went round a roundabout too fast, which i didnt it was just clear to i just went straight on. they followed me ages before i was going to go on the motor way when i got pulled over. second time i came round a bend and the round was real bumpey so the car bounced a little, a police car at a cross road saw me, pulled me over saying i was speeding but i was doing 27, but he had a fair comment coz it was close to a school.

the funniest thing was the newbie cop that was with him looking around my car. they gave me a producer even though they radio checked my car for insurance, i still had to go to the station to show it?! nevermind, thought i would share this with all coz im at work and im bored!
stubbsy

11th Oct 03 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the views of modified cars from your colleagues romford? traffic devision etc???
Romford Astra

11th Oct 03 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy
what are the views of modified cars from your colleagues romford? traffic devision etc???

same as mine.
infinitycorsa

11th Oct 03 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been pulled twice in the last 3 wks ;( for no reason the one occasion the sencon was my fault! driving i a 30 around a blind bend doing 45 ish in the middle of the road....... only to see the poliice 4x4 coming towards me ;( ewhich he then followed n pulled... and warned me

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who's been pulled over by the police. 22 database queries in 0.0137441 seconds