corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall are a RIP OFF!!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall are a RIP OFF!!!!
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   7th Oct 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe how much of a rip off vauxhaul are!

My orange engine management light came on the other day, its sometimes on, sometimes not now - (not constantly on) - and the car doesn't seem to feel to have anything wrong with it. Still drives fine.

Went into vauxhall to see if they could enlighten me on what was wrong. Was expecting to pay around £25-£30 to get my car plugged in and see what the error number was.

The woman behind the desk said it'd cost £76!!! just to find out what the problem was... then I'd be quoted on how much to fix it and that was my choice whether to take it...

76 quid, I just walked out.

I'm not paying that to find out something small has gone wrong, like a little sensor!

If my car wasn't running well or was dying on me - fair play I'd be eager to know, but when the car itself is running as well as the day it was bought, I just don't want to shell out.

The car was v.recently serviced (like a month ago) and is not driven too hard...

another example of vauxhauls rip off ness, is when I had a single wing mirror knocked off.

I went there expecting to shell out about £50 - it was over £130! For a SINGLE mirror - not a pair.

RIP OFF!

Paul J

[Edited on 07-10-2003 by SetH]
paul_spurrell

7th Oct 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no they are not a rip off. they charge rates that are equal to other manufacturs.

go to a small garage they may be able to tell you
Sam
Premium Member

7th Oct 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul - was this Burnham Garage you went to?
Paul_J

7th Oct 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes...
Sam
Premium Member

7th Oct 03 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
yes...

ROFLMAO!

(PS. this does not surprise me with them)

I replied in your Help Zone thread BTW, it's your IACV, I've had to have it changed 3 times during the course of ownership of my old 1.2 16v!

You should use the paperclip method of reading fault codes, all you do is short two pins out on the diagnostic plug. Look on http://www.topbuzz.co.uk for information on how to read the codes, it's very easy to do mate!
Paul_J

7th Oct 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers sam...

check out this thread!

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=90673

This guy only got charged £35 to get his checked!!!

I feel like going down to burnham and smacking that bitch behind the counter in the face!

the thing was, I walked in the back first (where there's mechanics that know what they're talking about) ... and I got told to goto the front (since they've changed it now)

I went to the front to a service desk and it was in the dealership part, so all nice and clean, a blonde woman behind the desk that looked like she had no idea about cars...

I said 'err, I'm not sure if this is the right place - I just wanted to find someone who knew what they were talking about to ask why the engine management light was coming on in my car'...

then she starts treating me like a dumbass, going 'Well - the yellow light... the 'engine management light... means your engine has a problem'

Duhh...

'We can plug your car in and find out whats wrong'

I say 'how much is that gonna cost'

she replies smiling 'That'll be £76 - and then we can quote you for how much it'd cost to fix'...

I just went 'bloody hell' and walked out.

£35 is what I expected and even that's bad for 1 mins work - but £76 - thats taking the piss

Paul J
luca2020

7th Oct 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dident u do te paper clip test and save ur self the money, it tells u excatly what vauchall will tell u
Paul_J

7th Oct 03 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't paid for it yet - I walked out... I'll do this test. Just reading top buzz now.
Sam
Premium Member

7th Oct 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO I just had a "discussion" with someone called Imran at Burnham Garage Vauxhall's service department, he goes it's £76.38 inc. VAT, I said what is it you do exactly that justifies you charging me nearly £100 to read a fault code, he says "We plug in our diagnostic computer into your car and run an hour-long diagnostic check on the vehicle..."!

I said all I'm asking you to do is read a fault code out for me, I don't want you to run an hour-long diagnostic test on my car, he said "Well it's still £76 sir", so I said how come you charge that, yet another Vauxhall dealer (Hartwell in Oxford for example) will charge £35 to do the same thing, he said "Well we are independant garages, sir, perhaps they might be doing a lot of business and don't need to charge as much"!

I was like
Pablo

7th Oct 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I haven't paid for it yet - I walked out... I'll do this test. Just reading top buzz now.

This has to b the smallest post u have ever written in reply.
Paul_J

7th Oct 03 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No this reply is B4RVO
Richie

7th Oct 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL!!! £76!!!! fucking loopy! I get mine put on tech 2 for only a tenner in welches!! only cos my mates daddeh works in there tho

I also get parts without vat and 10% off

And a full service costs me £60 squid
ljames555

7th Oct 03 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8 ad exact same problem and he got charged £25 ,thats in the north east betta off goin 2 sum general garage which have a decent name for them selfs and no wat they r talking about
Mattb

7th Oct 03 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are being arses, thats nearly an hours diagnosis they want! should ask if you can see the work shop manager, and tell them you know a guy thats works at vw, and you know for a fact it wont take longer than 20 mins to stick it on a diagnostic machine, to find out the fault, and ask if they can do it while you wait, they wont be able to justify an hours worth of money if you've only been waitin 20 mins
Richie

7th Oct 03 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol its less than a 15 second job, as soon as its in the diagnostic port the result is on the screen.
Tiger

7th Oct 03 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not as good as £2500 to fix our work van - its a V-Reg and they wanted the £2500 to change the diesel inj. pump
Mattb

7th Oct 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not at vw any way, go through guided fault finding to find the faulty component, the 15s jobbie will prob say for example one i had today was 'cyl3 misfire detected'
Richie

7th Oct 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah when mine was put on there it basically said EGR summut was shagged and the air mass valve was shagged, and that the ECU voltage kept surging (loose ground lead)
Mattb

7th Oct 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmmmmmm EGR valves.....how much did you have t pay for the air mass meter?
charcoalgrill

7th Oct 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh 111 pounds for a normal vauxhall exhaust today. i paid it cus they do me lots of other favours for free
Richie

7th Oct 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they just charged me £15 cos Steve ( my mate ) had the part spare himself

[Edited on 07-10-2003 by AustinPXX]
Mattb

7th Oct 03 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for an imported V5 golf, we charge £230

[Edited on 07-10-2003 by Mattb]
leeshez

8th Oct 03 at 05:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My M8tes corsa was miss fireing and he called out the AA, he said the air flow sensor was gone don,t goto vauxhall i know a cheap garage so he went £60+V.A.T for part and £140 for labour a lot more expensive than vauxhall. The AA guy got it wrong it was idle sensor or summat like that.

[Edited on 08-10-2003 by leeshez]
Richie

25th Nov 03 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again today engine management came on, went straight to Vaux.

Ide control thingy had gone lol and for putting it on Tech 2, the new idle controller and the labour was £100
puchos

25th Nov 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it seems that the idle control valve and similar problems like the mass air flow meter are common problems on a corsa. i had the ICV replaced not long ago on my on my old corsa b sxi...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall are a RIP OFF!!!! 22 database queries in 0.1905601 seconds