corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Guess that noise game :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Guess that noise game :(
BabyBlade

User status: Offline
20th Sep 03 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i've started noticing that when th cars going along either the transmission or the engine is making a low whistling sound as i'm going along, got the bonnet up and seems to be coming from near the starter motor but not sure, anyone heard of this before

Also when i'm slowing down near 30mph and under there's a strange noise, which to me sounds the same as a scaffolding pole with little metal particles rolling around inside, cant imagine what it is

It only happens when i'm slowing down, doesnt matter if i'm braking or not, not sure about if the clutch is in or out cant really tell. I rev the car when its still and as the revs drop u can just pik the noise up before it levels at 1k, its louder when the cars moving tho. The gearbox has an oil leak if that matters and the driveshafts and bearings dont make any strange noises when i jack the car up

help
BabyBlade

20th Sep 03 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Kerry

20th Sep 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
Right i've started noticing that when the cars going along

quote:
got the bonnet up

please explain how u put the 2 together
Greasemonkey

20th Sep 03 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whistling could be a leakin inlet manifold, to test it start the engine let it idle, get some WD40 spray it round all the inlet manifold gaskets and if the engine speed changes its got a leak, as for the other noise top up the gear box oil and stop it from leaking cos that aint good, could be a fooked gearbox
BabyBlade

20th Sep 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could well be. Is it an easy job to change the gearbox gaskets then?
BabyBlade

20th Sep 03 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
Right i've started noticing that when the cars going along

quote:
got the bonnet up

please explain how u put the 2 together

Well i noticed it when i been going along in the car, and when i got back i put the bonnet up.

Anything else u want explained?
MJ

21st Sep 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a whisling sound coming from my car and then it turned into a knocking sound. It did it worse when slowing down and turning and the problem was that the starter motor was broken as a piece of plastic had snaped which meet that the starter motor was always hitting the flywheel.

Hope that helps

New Poll