corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » still got oil problems

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author still got oil problems
miles

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 03 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it running ok? going well?

It is unusual for the head gasket to externally leak oil. It would have to be leaking in 2 places, or one big place to leak into the cylinders and also outside the engine. Cant you see where the leak is coming from?

If the plugs are dirty then oil might be getting into the cylinders which means it must be burnt, hence smoke!

Have a look at the breather pipes.
miles

22nd Sep 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If everything is ok then it will be the cost of the headgasket change plus a couple of hours to drop the sump and check the bearings, if you want that doing.
MoNkEy MaGiC

22nd Sep 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i THINK what is wrong is the head gaskets,valve stem seals, worst case the actual pistons cud be battered!!!

so i hope it wont cost to much, but how much u think???
Juha GSi

22nd Sep 03 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my case was almost the worst case.

but miles how do you explain that i had full head rebuilt and 10000km after it was all the same?? cos the valve stem seals had jumped out, and they were doing that last time too. i know thats its not how they should be*glueing*, but they wont be jumping off from now on...
and if and when they jump off, they leak like hell...
my sparks plugs vere in such a crap that, that they needed to clean every 2 weeks.
but my idea was that i dont want to do a head rebuilt every year, so i did cure the whole engine at the same time.

and as i said it wont need nothing more than oil level getting too low just once, then you are searching a new engine.

but if its just the valve stem seals its nothing more than head off*to get it properly*and cheking it and rebuilt and head back in.

but after that if its still taking oil, its then new pistonrings, and the head off again, and then its loads off money wich you could have saved before doing it well, thats my opinion.

everybody does as they like, and i did my way. its that simple.
miles

22nd Sep 03 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have valve stem seals coming off after 10,000 km then there is another problem. But glueing them must solve that I guess!
Juha GSi

22nd Sep 03 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it does, hopefully, and thats why i did it*glueing* cos they were always jumped off. and i used gm parts because i did use cheaper ones last time and they were all over the place, as worn out as they could be, and that was in 10000kms... but ofcourse every engine drinks oil, but thre has to be some limit.

but it isnt always that bad as it seems, but there is always this chance thay it wasnt the valve stem seals... then its a big head ache, and lots of money...
the_legend_of_yrag

22nd Sep 03 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car seems to drink alot of oil too, not as much now as it used to but i toped it last saturday to just over half way and checked it sat just gone n it was half way so will check again this sat but will expect it to be under half way by then but hopefully not.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll