corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo Conversions.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbo Conversions.
Paul_J

User status: Offline
18th Sep 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
'kin ell guys i dnt give a sh*t about the money or what not i just wanna know wat a turbo kit consists of!? the money or insurance int ne of ur problems!

You a millionairre? Insurance companies will either say no way or charge you stupidly high fee's...

at 17 I wanted to be insured on a 90 bhp Saxo VTR - most said no, I got 1 quote fully comp for £3500!

Now imagine a 204 bhp 2.0 turbo - ££££

and thats just a single years insurance and won't suddenly improve when your 18 or even 19 (providing you haven't crashed it yet) - imagine chucking away £2000 a year or whatever...

quote:
The manifolds, turbo, pipes ecu, intercooler etc all fit on to your car from the let engine. You just have to make the room. Only thing u cant do set the engine up, let the garage do that. Your looking at 1500k tops.

You do realise 1500k is 1.5 million I should hope not.

The thing is your 16 man, do you really think you can do the conversion all yourself successfully + do you have all the tools neeeded? a crane to lift engines in and out etc?

I'd get someone else to do the conversion - but then it'll be £££...

Paul J
BabyBlade

18th Sep 03 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
The manifolds, turbo, pipes ecu, intercooler etc all fit on to your car from the let engine. You just have to make the room. Only thing u cant do set the engine up, let the garage do that. Your looking at 1500k tops.

You do realise 1500k is 1.5 million I should hope not.

Paul J

I feel you are missing the point
vibrio
Banned

18th Sep 03 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel your mum
BabyBlade

18th Sep 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao @ ur avatar vibs, just noticed it. who did that!??!
Paul_J

18th Sep 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe seth - is your sig supposed to say 2004/2005 or 2003/2004 - otherwise it's like 1 and a half years away!

The thing is - I think this thugstar has been watching fast and the furious too much.

I'd take a guess that he probably thinks that he can get a 'Turbo Kit' that bolts on as easy as induction kit and that he can just insure himself on a 1.6 16v and not declare the turbo...

Paul J
vibrio
Banned

18th Sep 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
lmao @ ur avatar vibs, just noticed it. who did that!??!

second draft perfected by

BabyBlade

18th Sep 03 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
hehe seth - is your sig supposed to say 2004/2005 or 2003/2004 - otherwise it's like 1 and a half years away!

2004/2005 I am never wrong.

lol Still gotta pay this corsa off as i wrote off two of me previous cars and had no money. Once paid this off have to save for the frst so will be a year. wont take long to save as soon as i've paid the sri off
Paul_J

18th Sep 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch! long time away... damn I was looking forward to hitting santa pod again
BabyBlade

18th Sep 03 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookin at about a year from now with the fiesta the way i want it. 4 months to pay the sri off, 4 months to save for the frst and 4 months to do the engine, brakes and handling.
BabyBlade

18th Sep 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ouch! long time away... damn I was looking forward to hitting santa pod again

well when u next go down tell us, even if i dont send the slug down the strip it will still be good to watch
Paul_J

18th Sep 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol - my car was the smallest engine'd car going down the strip when I went... still beat a gsi - and it was such a laugh!

The prob is my car's fine 1st, 2nd and 3rd - just as it gets to about 50-60 it doesn't pull as fast, then as it passes 80 it gets a bit slower, and then 100 it just crawls in mph... on the flat it'll climb to about 110- downhill on the speedo I've seen 117 (which is probably about 107 mph in reality)...

I just enjoy racing - If I get whooped - I enjoy watching a fast car pull away from me :lol - If I win, I get the satisfaction of beating something with a 1.2 16v!

Its a win win situation.

Paul J

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo Conversions. 22 database queries in 0.0093958 seconds