corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet....
Lisa

User status: Offline
29th Jul 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that you hairdressers car
Sooty
Banned

29th Jul 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or a new shape mr2 or mx5
MattyB

29th Jul 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Corsa
no need to get upset

it just reminds me how slow the majority of the user's cars on here really are. I've bin out in tuned 1.6's sports, turbo SRi's etc and a few CORSA VALVERS, and it really does put em in the shade

I belive reading that above you said it really does put them in the shade?????

IT DEPENDS ON THE CONDITIONS HOW THE 0-60 WAS MEASURE LOOK AT ADAM KINDNESS'S CORSA THAT RUN'S AROUND A 14.6 QUARTEr MILE AND LIKE I SAID THE CORSA LOOKS BETTER

lets not keep comin back to looks mate, that is whole separate point that Xedos, sooty and u can start a new post about (of which i will back u all up).

AK's corsa does a 14.6. Thats fully stripped out etc and i'm sure he's had a few engine bits and bob's done has he not? This nova, at the time had a FULL interior on a totally std motor, and did the quater 0.2s quicker. I reckon thats a pretty big difference.

Matt
X3DOS

29th Jul 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the bends I say, then turn a corner and the novas wheels all fall off.
Dan_Corsa

29th Jul 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
Oh, and looks wise, please see the above post where i state i agree, but this is not the point at hand.

Please state wtf is the point at hand,that a nova 2.0 16v beats a 1.6 sport should hope it does
MattyB

29th Jul 03 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X3DOS
Whats in question here

that the hairdressers car is

a) Nova
b) Corsa
c) A. N. Other ?

i believe it is more commonly know that a corsa is a much more female orientate shape, due to it's curvyness.

That is an unbiased comment, as i reckon corsa's look well good and modern, considerin when they were designed, but thats the beside the point here.

Matt
MattyB

29th Jul 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Oh, and looks wise, please see the above post where i state i agree, but this is not the point at hand.

Please state wtf is the point at hand,that a nova 2.0 16v beats a 1.6 sport should hope it does

Mate, re read the first post. How i say that the point is a bout the acceleration and speed difference between the corsa and nova, due to the weight difference. Where u got "looks" from, i dont know.

Matt

Oh, and yes the 2.0 16v nova will beat a corsa. But in the same way, a 1.6 8v nova GSi, would beat a corsa GSi and/or a corsa sport.
Dan_Corsa

29th Jul 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it's more commonly known you have 2 strenthen a nova due to its weakness from the rust,and the nova is a more old womans shape where as the corsa is more of a young womans shape
Dan_Corsa

29th Jul 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Whats in question here

a) Nova
b) Corsa
c) A. N. Other ?

i believe it is more commonly know that a corsa is a much more female orientate shape, due to it's curvyness.

That is an unbiased comment, as i reckon corsa's look well good and modern, considerin when they were designed, but thats the beside the point here.

Matt

i've already said the nova would beat the corsa,but i wouldn't waste my money on a nova i'd just way it in for scrap
Sooty
Banned

29th Jul 03 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Whats in question here

a) Nova
b) Corsa
c) A. N. Other ?

Matt

i've already said the nova would beat the corsa,but i wouldn't waste my money on a nova i'd just way it in for scrap

MattyB

29th Jul 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think it's more commonly known you have 2 strenthen a nova due to its weakness from the rust,and the nova is a more old womans shape where as the corsa is more of a young womans shape

U strenthen the engine bay and some of the chassis components, coz the metal they were constructed from is not as thick as that found in the corsa i believe. This means that the immense torque of the 20xe can cause problems, where as in the corsa, this is not a problem. But it's definately not from rust mate, coz the one's i have seen do not have one touch of the stuff. If u dont believe me, ask on Migweb.

Oh and ur reference to the corsa styling, I AGREE for the 3rd time!!!!!

Matt
Dan_Corsa

29th Jul 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd sooner lose 3 seconds 0- 60mph and 5 seconds on the quarter mile than have the embarrasment of drivinga nova down the strip
Cole

29th Jul 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a nova
Sooty
Banned

29th Jul 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan you have me in stiches tonight

Dan_Corsa

29th Jul 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry but i just can't get what his point is,that his brother has a nova(which i would never admit)with a 2.0 16v or what????
MattyB

29th Jul 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan and Sooty.......lads....calm down!! my point was and still is bout the speed of the two!? We could all slate the looks of the nova for hours, but ur not makin a point in this thread. As i said at the start, i agree.

In fact, the way ur not mentioning the fact a valver nova would beat ur pride and joy valver could suggest ur gettin upset bout it all??!

Matt
MattyB

29th Jul 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sorry but i just can't get what his point is,that his brother has a nova(which i would never admit)with a 2.0 16v or what????

Was just a statement bout how difference in weight between such similar cars can cause such a difference in acceleration. Whats so hard for u 2 to understand???
Sooty
Banned

29th Jul 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why people piss xK down the drain on something thats worth as much as my ironing board
Dan_Corsa

29th Jul 03 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not at all mate and my engine ain't staying standard any how,i've already said a nova would beat me been out in 1 myself i had 2 wear a wolly hat,shades a false mustache,and the lad had 2 meet me 2 miles from where i lived,so this thread is finished now how interesting the nova valver is quicker that the corsa WOOOWHOOOO
X3DOS

29th Jul 03 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I dont understand is, you cant really find a place in the UK where you can continue accelerating for 15s before having to encounter a bend or have to brake, therefore making having a super fast straight line car that doesnt go round bends all a bit pointless.

Therefore making a nova super fast is trying to fix a problem that doesnt exist, therefore they are not needed and should all be scrapped.
MattyB

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
I dont see why people piss xK down the drain on something thats worth as much as my ironing board

i dunno, ask that on Mig.....! i'm sure Lee May or Lee Hearsey will explain to you if u like??
Dan_Corsa

quote:
.....and it just reminds me how slow the majority of the user's cars on here really are. I've bin out in tuned 1.6's sports, turbo SRi's etc and a few corsa valvers, and it really does put em in the shade. We were leaving Corsa sports like they were standing still.

The acceleration difference of the nova with a stripped out rear makes an unbelieveable difference. Yes i no its a nova, i no its 13 years old, but this isnt a statement bout comforts and quality of build. Just bout how sloppy our corsas really are.

Just thought i'd share that with you. Discuss at will.

Matt

[Edited on 29-07-2003 by MattyB]

no u wasn't comparing the corsa valver and the nova,you was saying how it beat a 1.6 sport ?????????,sort your head out
Lisa

29th Jul 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its called personal choice.
MattyB

29th Jul 03 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What I dont understand is, you cant really find a place in the UK where you can continue accelerating for 15s before having to encounter a bend or have to brake, therefore making having a super fast straight line car that doesnt go round bends all a bit pointless.

Therefore making a nova super fast is trying to fix a problem that doesnt exist, therefore they are not needed and should all be scrapped.

That would be the same for all Corsa valvers, or corsa LETs or tuned 1.6's?.....surely? In fact any car that is tuned for more performance/acceleration/speed? Including ur punto....no?

Great point u made there dude
Sooty
Banned

29th Jul 03 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sooty

i dunno, ask that on Mig.....! i'm sure Lee May or Lee Hearsey will explain to you if u like??

ok cheers

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet.... 22 database queries in 0.1937649 seconds