corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » The Big CS Install Thread (With Pics!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Big CS Install Thread (With Pics!)
Sparco

User status: Offline
12th Aug 03 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this false floor business ain't straight forward is it! i'm fitting two 12in subs, an amp nd a power cap in my boot so it's a tight fit, still, good fun tho...lol

Sparco
Mav 3000

12th Aug 03 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still have no idea how on earth im gonna secure it - Don't wanna use screws, just gotta find some adhesive velcro pads I think!
drunkenfool

12th Aug 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car has been in the garage for the last week so i havent had any time to do anything to it. It all seems a bit pointless at the moment too cos i have no ICE! Amp and sub both went bang, causing £200 worth of garage bills, so now im skint!
Mav 3000

13th Aug 03 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch!

Ive started work on this (see other thread) but Im skint too, have insurance and service etc coming up. I can't get this project done before that or before I thread the wiring from the wiring kit - which I can't afford!) so things are gonna slow down for a while
drunkenfool

16th Aug 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i won £600 in bonus bonds or something, but i cant get it till im 19 (end of october, so not too long) Ive been doing loads more hours since i left college, so im hoping to get it all bought by xmas, but something always seems to go wrong!
Mav 3000

16th Aug 03 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bonus Bonds or Premium bonds? Bomus bonds are like universal gift vouchers, preium bonds are tax-free lottery type things.

Wither way, can I have your £600?
Mav 3000

26th Sep 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done the MDF for the CD Changer surround. Will hopefully be carpetting it this weekend - with maybe a line of padding as well to make it softer and to prevent 'hitting wood' sounds whenever you put anything down!

I had to cut a lot fo the MDF back in order to allow the seat to be put full down (including the rear seat base - I mena fully down!) but the options there if you want and I'll use carpet 'overcutting' to make sure it still looks flush. when the seats are down the top of this unit is flush with the seat back to give you a nice even base.

I know you could simply take this unit out, but the practicality remains!

Anyway heres the pics. Amp MDF unit is on its way...

Comments / Questions welcome
Mav 3000

26th Sep 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The white things on top of the unit is foam strips to cushion the changer. theres also a layer of foam under the unit to cushion is, stop rattles etc - just in case
Fear

26th Sep 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheres that gonna go
Mav 3000

26th Sep 03 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This should shed a little light :

drunkenfool

27th Sep 03 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

premium bonds - £ already spent plus a little extra of my own See garage for pix - 1 of those amps and 2 of those subs. Should be leaving america next week on its way towards me! Install is looking good already mate, im gonna wait till all the bits arrive before i start on mine in case the dimensions on the website aren't right. Ill be posting a lot on here for help when i start it though, so im sure you will all be kept updated!
the_legend_of_yrag

27th Sep 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im needing to make a boot build to fit two 10" subs two amps and possibly a power cap, i really wnaa get started it's just gettin started im having trouble with lol, either wake up too late or cant be arsed. Other thing is ive only got one sub atm, havnt got nout else!!
Mav 3000

27th Sep 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one sub will be a good start - If I was starting again, Id go and get some cardboard - lots of it and make some templates up by cutting down until they fit the boot. With subs calculate the cubic capacity etc too.

this is a good starting point, then get some MDF, measure it out so its most cost-effective - minimal wastage etc then off you go.

My plans chaged loads at every stage. today, doing the amp box, had to trim the box up, taper the top more than the bottom - this was tirial and error - just start too big and get smaller.

Its good fun - I only do it when its sunny out and ive free time. no particular rush. plannings the key though - unless you like doing things over and over

I'll post more pics up soon.
the_legend_of_yrag

28th Sep 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's my patience im worried about lol, although i am good with things these days!
Mav 3000

28th Sep 03 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres the finished CD Changer Unit:

Carpetted:

In the Boot:

Amp should be done after wiring (this ensurs cutting is complete) and will be up when done too.

Comments Wlecome
wassup2002

28th Sep 03 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks tidy, nice work
the_legend_of_yrag

29th Sep 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How have you fixed the cd changer unit to the false floor?
Mav 3000

29th Sep 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The false floor being the box surround?

the box btw is on a trial run just sittinin the boot. The carpet grips it and the curves hold it in place, so if its there next time I open the boot i don't think I'll bother velcro'ing it.

The changer is screwed onto the bottom panel of the MDF using its screws and mounting arms that it came with (you can see these on above pics).

Rich
PainZ

29th Sep 03 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very impressive
Savinforcorsaproject

29th Sep 03 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mav 3000 can u take pics of the Changer from behind i wanna see how/where u stered and heled the fabric.

cheers
Mav 3000

29th Sep 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fabric was cut with 2CM over and was just foldeed under nice and tidy. ogt a well good method of doing it - like the parcel shwelf in the Max Haynes Manual.

the carpet stuck to the glue first time so well it didn't come up - well impressed with it - carpet spray glue from B&Q.

(Cheers Painz)

Amp next wekend maybe
Mav 3000

4th Oct 03 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weekend Update:

Ive been working on the install again today. I drove 60miles to pick up my amp wiring kit from the courier as they needed a sig and don't deliver at decent times - thinking we don't all work (great!). got the kit back and spent the afternoon with my dad threading the power cable through the grommet in the engine bay (found a cool way to do this) to the passenger footwell. Mounted the fuse holder, covered the wire in the bay with black lagging stuff and left that until tomorrow.

I then finished cutting the amp's top bit of MDF to allow for the plugging in of the RCA cables etc once the box had been sealed.

Then mounted the amp, pinned and glued the top down and left to harden off (small nails and 'no-nails' - this is excellent stuff!. Will hopefully be carpetting the box and fitting all amp wires in the car tomorrow - depending on temperatue as it was freezing today! And I'll have to do the dodgy central locking wiring too while Ive got the interior out.

Heres the pics of todays small efforts (not taken any of car wiring)

The Amp on its base:

The Amp's Top MDF panel cut to allow wiring:

The Amp with the top panel fixed on (really pleased with how it sits):

This shot shows how the amps base sits the amp lower than the top panel to allow the curve of the am to 'rise' over the MDF.

This shot shows the rear supports for the top base (although not gonna be putting heavy loads on it but I can if I want), the cut MDF to allow for the seats to fold down if I like (bottom of unit), and the gaps in the 12mm MDF base to help save weight, but to still give a rigid base. (can't believe how heavy the amp is!!)

More pics to follow soon. Comments welcome.

[Edited on 04-10-2003 by Mav 3000]
Adam-D

5th Oct 03 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookin smart mav
well done m8

[Edited on 05-10-2003 by Adam-D]
SXi_Si_2002

5th Oct 03 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice , got my sub and amp through, fitted it all in. put the two amps on a bit of wood in the boot now i can start the mini install then when its all reaady i will be able to swap it over. just wanted to hear it to start with.
SXi_Si_2002

5th Oct 03 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it hard to mark out the cutout for the top part so the amp showed through? getting the hole to line up. in mine i will need two as i want 2 amps to be seen. done some planning like i saw someone said to do, and a little sketch of what i want it to be like. where can u get decent carpet from need some black to match the sub.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll