corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CURRENTLY DRILLING AIRBOX...HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CURRENTLY DRILLING AIRBOX...HELP!
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
20th Jul 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am going to drill my airbox soon, and have bought some cold air feed piping from B&Q. Its just about 4cm in diameter, and i want to feed it from the left side of the bumper just in front of the wheel arch to the bottom left side of the airbox where i am drilling it. I know how to drill it, but i just wanted to know if this cold air feed will be sufficient when placed here?

Dave
Sooty
Banned

20th Jul 03 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, I have the same setup (or used to)
Cybermonkey

20th Jul 03 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it the same engine? How did you find it?
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Jul 03 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got just the airbox no cold air feed, were would u sugest running em from?
digitalbanana

20th Jul 03 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much was that piping? is it alu or just plastic?
Cybermonkey

20th Jul 03 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its plastic and cost £7. Its household waste piping. Its 4cm in diameter. I have been out in my car since having it done. OH MY GOD!!!! such an awesome sound when you plant your right foot!!! It does sound like an impreza turbo!!! I had so many head turning moments in the space of 10 minutes! People with 1.6 16v engines, GET THIS MOD DONE!!!!
Cybermonkey

20th Jul 03 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Throttle response is up, 88mph in 3rd gear max, HUGE throbbing sound like a V8, it seems i have stumbled across the best setup. My girlfriend put her had over the cold air feed and she said it nearly sucked her hand up when i revved the engine.
lacky75

20th Jul 03 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
Throttle response is up, 88mph in 3rd gear max, HUGE throbbing sound like a V8, it seems i have stumbled across the best setup. My girlfriend put her had over the cold air feed and she said it nearly sucked her hand up when i revved the engine.

dont sup'os u could get a few pics of how this is set-up? (think i might do somthing similar)!!
Cybermonkey

20th Jul 03 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will get some pics up on tuesday since i am going away for a couple of days. what engine do you have lacky?
lacky75

20th Jul 03 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's a corsa C 1.4 SRI,

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by lacky75]
digitalbanana

20th Jul 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.0 12v did this...no air feed tho..and i could even feel a better throttle reponse. made it nippier.

have u tried it without the feed yet....how much difference does it make? jus for the record!?!
luca2020

20th Jul 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its g8 innit he he, the best free mod any1 can do on a corsa
lacky75

20th Jul 03 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u got the feed sat right next to the holes in the air box or is it further away??
dousey

20th Jul 03 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think it would sound better than induction kit mate? What sort of filter have you got in the airbox at the mo and also is your air feed very close to the drilled box? I have the same engine as you and i find the engine heats up well quick with the induction kit thats on there at the moment. Flat spots a plenty aswell, as i haven't got round to re-setting the ECU!

Cheers
and-m

20th Jul 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
its plastic and cost £7. Its household waste piping. Its 4cm in diameter. I have been out in my car since having it done. OH MY GOD!!!! such an awesome sound when you plant your right foot!!! It does sound like an impreza turbo!!! I had so many head turning moments in the space of 10 minutes! People with 1.6 16v engines, GET THIS MOD DONE!!!!

4cm or 4 inches?
lacky75

20th Jul 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personnally i think it sounds better (although notas loud) it adds more of a sporty note to the engine (especially after 3000rpm) but the mainb point i have to make about this mod is the fact that it doesnt give flat spots and in my opinion adds better throttle response.
Cybermonkey

21st Jul 03 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said lacky, and-m, 4 cm's not 4 inches. No flat spots noticed yet. air feed is right under the holes about 3-4 cm's away, of which there is 9 underneath on the opposite side of the engine, and 3 along the lower edge of the airbox. Throttle response is amazing, instant power from 1500rpm, right up to the redline. All i have left to do is reset the ECU.

Dave

New Poll