corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Vauxhaul restricting engines on purpose...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhaul restricting engines on purpose...
MikeH

User status: Offline
13th Jul 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think we get 10bhp extra at the top end... i think its more about changing the power curve... giving you maximum or close power over more of the rev range...
TRL

13th Jul 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost every road-car engine is restricted in some way. In the same way as interior trim is 'manipulated' into a particular market. If you derestricted engines for standard road cars there'd be no reliability or economy at all!
Tony
Rileysport

15th Jun 06 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

abdus

15th Jun 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

~1512000 mins later Ry_B

[Edited on 15-06-2006 by abdus]
Rileysport

15th Jun 06 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cunning edit there RY B
abdus

15th Jun 06 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that wasn't too polite Ry_B

ricky1989

15th Jun 06 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.2 8V....... dats nippy enough gobbles feul like anything but thats due to induction kit..... but wen in teh higher revs...... it can deliever the power mre efficiently..... specially in 3rd seeming i can get 75mph outta that before i have to change gear.... thats a 45bhp car..... with 2 mre gears still to go...... i had it in 4th doing 85mph with 3 big lads in da car the other night...... takes a lil while to get there but can certainly perform when it needs to..... would decatting it tho make much difference?
Rileysport

15th Jun 06 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd desribe my 2.0 corsa as nippy, fail to see how a 1.2 8v would be anything other than slow
ricky1989

15th Jun 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah urs probs is, but mine for a first car, ok it got hte speed there..... tkaes a lil while to deliver that tho...... dunno how i could increase it at all?
Ry_B
Banned

15th Jun 06 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I realised it was an old post so deleted mine so it didn't get bumped, you all should have done the same....

Anyway...

quote:
Originally posted by ricky1989
i have a 1.2 8V....... dats nippy enough gobbles feul like anything but thats due to induction kit..... but wen in teh higher revs...... it can deliever the power mre efficiently..... specially in 3rd seeming i can get 75mph outta that before i have to change gear.... thats a 45bhp car..... with 2 mre gears still to go...... i had it in 4th doing 85mph with 3 big lads in da car the other night...... takes a lil while to get there but can certainly perform when it needs to..... would decatting it tho make much difference?

Top speed is achieved in 4th gear on our engines...so you only had one more gear to go. It can't perform fullstop!
ricky1989

15th Jun 06 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

huh dat dnt make sence to me?
X 60RSA

15th Jun 06 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My x12xe is 75bhp on the rolling road, in the book it says 65bhp........as mentioned above, vauxhall's bhp figures for this engine are wrong......i havent seen of one thats meant to be 65bhp.

The z12xe was apparantly the 75bhp version, so if the corsa b was 65bhp.......where did they get another 10bhp from with a pretty much identical engine!

[Edited on 15-06-2006 by X 60RSA]
Rileysport

15th Jun 06 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically on lesser engines 5th is an overdrive... just makes crusing at motorway speeds easier. Whereas on my 2.0 the car still pulls very well in 5th right until it hits the limiter, and goes off the speedo
Rileysport

15th Jun 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
My x12xe is 75bhp on the rolling road, in the book it says 65bhp........as mentioned above, vauxhall's bhp figures for this engine are wrong......i havent seen of one thats meant to be 65bhp.

The z12xe was apparantly the 75bhp version, so if the corsa b was 65bhp.......where did they get another 10bhp from with a pretty much identical engine!

[Edited on 15-06-2006 by X 60RSA]

there was a later x12xe that had 75bhp... different map or something
ricky1989

15th Jun 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right, is there a way of changing 5th gear to increase speed at all or not?
Ry_B
Banned

15th Jun 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No.
Rileysport

15th Jun 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh right, is there a way of changing 5th gear to increase speed at all or not?

Nope, the engine doesnt produce enough power to do it

[Edited on 15-06-2006 by Rileysport]
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jun 06 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What the HELL did you just say.
Ry_B
Banned

15th Jun 06 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

I have a 1.2 8v, that's nippy enough! But when in the higher revs it can deliver the power more efficiently, especially in 3rd seeing as I can get 75mph out of it before I have to change gear. I've had it in 4th doing 85mph with 3 big lads in before. It takes a little while to get there but can certainly perform when it needs to! ( ) BTW, would decatting it make much difference?

Translated
Rileysport

15th Jun 06 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

my car's slow
Toby
Premium Member

15th Jun 06 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so where can i get one of those torque tubes??
Ojc

16th Jun 06 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B&Q
ricky1989

16th Jun 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol ok, my cars slow are building is speed up, but then again ur not allowed over 70mph so why bragg how fast your car can go?
Ry_B
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol ok, my cars slow are building is speed up, but then again ur not allowed over 70mph so why bragg how fast your car can go?

THere's no law on how fast you can accelerate
Rileysport

16th Jun 06 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

come on now

you know it makes sense

[Edited on 16-06-2006 by Rileysport]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll