corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone ever crashed with void insurance?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone ever crashed with void insurance?
Makarus

User status: Offline
6th Jul 03 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact that the insurance company was rung and dealt with may go in your favour, the fact that there is a delay in the insurance system means you may get away with it and they may cover you, just explain what happened and be done with it.
PanaceA

6th Jul 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more interested in the punishment I could reseve rather than what to do/say. I was/am going to tell the story as it is anyway. I would just like to know what could possible happen to me etc.
Cheers anyway.
PanaceA

6th Jul 03 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

miles

6th Jul 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got caught on a 125 bike when I was 16, 3 years ago, I blagged it that I was 17. Never got found out.

So basically just got done for no insurance. Penalty was 6-8 points. I said I just had to move this bike and that I was fully insured on another bike. So they gave me the leanest they could. 6 points and a £70 fine.

If its still the same, your looking at the mimimum which is 6 points, and a fine depending on your income etc.

Look on the DVLA website.
Wolfy

6th Jul 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what would happen.... this maybe?

police could slap a court hearing on you and a hefty fine, insurance will make you pay up all damages and whack your premium up.
could get points on ya mug shot?
you could get lucky and get away with it.
pigs may fly!
miles

6th Jul 03 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what time did your Dad actually phone?
wytey

7th Jul 03 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that reminded me miles..

about 12 yrs ago, I sprained my ankle badly and needed crutches... my dads car was insure for any driver...or thats what they thought...

neway, my bro borrowed his car, and decided to drop me off at school and pick me up, to save my poor ankle one day, on the way to school, my brother was driving behind this silver car, and this old woman, and I mean old! decided as soon as the silver car had passed, she'd cross the road yep... my bro hit her, and no he wasn't speeding... fortnight later she died coz of the injuries. it went into the local newspaper, but thankfully, there were plenty of witnesses saying that she just walked out into the road, and my bro couldn't have avoided it.

can't remember the reason why, but the court found him not guilty of whatever the charges, but charged my bro with driving without insurance, and my dad with negligence or summat like that, both my got 6 points and summat like £300 fine each.

so looks like min of 6pts and whatever fine as minimum, with possibility of being banned as the max I would say
Wolfy

7th Jul 03 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you been driving for more the na year on a full uk licence? cause if you aint your points are gonna be 6ish and a fine of around 500ish and maybe a 6 month ban... im talking to my mate about it now.
CORSALUVA

7th Jul 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First of all, unless the police attended the accident scene then there is no official recording of the actual time the accident took place.

mistake can and do happen with regard to exact details of accident when dealing with personal injury claims etc.

Generally speaking the time of the accident doesnt come into it.

However your case will be different as it is the main factor decided whether you were insured or not.

Asyou appear to know most ofthe witnesses and assuming the other driver is not too bad a guy then he 'could have made a mistake with the accident time and assuming the other witnesses were of the opionion that the accident happened at a later time then no one would be any the wiser.
CORSALUVA

7th Jul 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course i am not suggesting that you lie

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll