corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is there a way to get off speeding fines?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is there a way to get off speeding fines?
kevster

User status: Offline
22nd May 03 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a way actually !! This has come from a copper - pay the fine with a cheque, but make the amount 1p (£60.01) A cheque will be sent back for 1p. Do not cash the cheque as by law, they cannot endorse your license with having all financial transactions completed.
They will keep resending u a cheqe for 1p - just dont cash it
M4tt

23rd May 03 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Giving them too much money doesn't work n e more, used to but they have found a way round it.

the one about not signing will be sorted out soon too. now every1 knows about it cause it was on telly, it probably deffo won't work n e more.

you just have to pay them. It will only get worse if you don't.

I hate this country sometimes.
Rob H

23rd May 03 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scott
i didnt sign one , and i got it back today , what do i do with it now ?

In case your still thinging of going ahead

What do I do?
If you receive a "notice to owner" (usually part of a notice of intended prosecution (NIP)), you must fill it in in accordance with RTA 1988 Section 172 above. Present understanding is that you are under no obligation to sign the form. There might be multiple places to sign. We don't know of any obligation to provide ANY signature. Return the form by recorded delivery and keep a copy if at all possible.

31st March 2003. If you receive a letter from the Police explaining that they cannot accept an unsigned form, we think they are exaggerating the truth. We suggest that you write back as follows: "While I am keen to comply with all my legal obligations, I do not wish to sign the form. If you would be kind enough to advise me exactly where in law it states that I have an obligation to sign the form I will be pleased to comply."

10th May 2003. The police are sending out a great many threatening letters. We've seen many samples of them. Some of the threats and claims are outrageous and are clearly designed to intimidate folk into giving up and caving in. We call these letters "bluff and bluster" letters, and you are quite likely to receive one. As every day goes by the status of the loophole becomes more certain, and the Police tactics appear increasingly desperate. Don't forget, if they had anything concrete they could send us an email which we would immediately publish and their unsigned forms nightmare would stop. Since we started this page no one has reported being summonsed for either the speeding or the S172 offence. Perhaps it is early days.

10th May 2003. When you write to the police and include the NIP, it is vaguely possible that a signed letter might be associated with the enclosed NIP and the signature on the letter could make both documents admissible in court. So to be on the safe side, whenever you are enclosing a NIP in an envelope, do not include any signed documents in the same envelope. Naturally you should never admit the offence in a signed letter. By the same logic, aim to restrict the content of letters to points of law and procedure and avoid discussing the facts of your individual case.

24th April 2003. It's possible that the Police will turn up to interview you. Be ready. You cannot be forced to answer questions. Answer "no comment" to any questions they might ask. It is absolutely your right to answer in this way. In a speeding case it's extraordinarily unlikely to reflect badly in the future. (the sort of cases where it can reflect badly would be for example if you failed to mention when questioned an alibi which you later relied on in court.)

If you receive a summons for speeding you should plead not guilty. The unsigned form is not admissible as evidence, so there is no legal evidence of who the driver was at the time of the offence and the court must find you not guilty. We can't imagine that they are going to be sending out many summonses to owners who have not signed the forms. What would be the point?

If you receive a summons for failing to identify the driver you should plead not guilty. You have provided the information required, and you have a copy of the form and a record of delivery of the information to prove it. The court must find you not guilty.

If you are in any doubt you should consult a solicitor before taking any action.
black_corsa_sport

23rd May 03 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard something about u cant get done if they catch u from the front cos wot if the flash blinded u and then u had a crash and killed someone it would b their fault??? mite be a load of bollox just something i heard
Scott M

23rd May 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They dont get you from the front with gatso's as they can't accurately measure your speed, however the digital jobbies can I think???

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is there a way to get off speeding fines? 22 database queries in 0.0105700 seconds