corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » cuckdown - Part 3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cuckdown - Part 3
SetH

User status: Offline
7th Jan 21 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like the jaws sequels, these further instalments just keep getting shitter.

So how long for this time?

Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jan 21 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think most people even know its going on, less so adhere to it? I think a lot of people are really bored of it.
SetH

8th Jan 21 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Do you think most people even know its going on, less so adhere to it? I think a lot of people are really bored of it.

Yes I do, I am pretty sure 79% of the UK are in favour of the lockdown if you believe the polls.

From what I have seen on social media 'Karens' and 'Matthews' are out in force, making it their mission in life to tell everyone to take this seriously and that we are all going to die etc etc. Their confirmation bias and emotive behaviour is march x 10, I have also noted it is the same group of people from 10 months ago.

I have been on leave since 24th dec so not been at my hospital for a while. I heard today that there are just over 100 covid patients. without talking to my contacts in ICU and ED I don't know how close to capacity or 'overwhelmed' as per the MSM are making out the trust is. I am back on Monday so will know more.

Plenty of jumping backwards into hedges and crossing the other side of the road is going on around my village too, so yes I thkn people know its going on and they are most definitely 'cucked' all over again.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Jan 21 at 02:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a read of this -

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4851

'It’s unclear to what extent people with no symptoms transmit SARS-CoV-2'

Also a 10m strong study which found no evidence of asympt. transmission. Authored in Wuhan though

Re the hospitals being overwhemled, watch this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0g4cz5-oM

9 minutes of how close to tipping point they are but no mention of Nightingales, not even to say they built them and they're a failure etc. because they were never brought online. I would have thought proper journalism would have at least considered that angle if only to exhaust the questions.

Someone did call me out in the comments - you can't open them if there are no staff - but again this wasn't covered in the report. You would think for such a big boo-boo we'd have seen some proper investigation.
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Jan 21 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nightingales is a strange one I must admit.
Even if they don't use them just re-purpose them into vaccine centers or simular. Rather then building them again.

Other news had my COVID vaccine Friday, Not dead yet and haven't noticed anyone following me around tracking my movements yet

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
SetH

17th Jan 21 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my first pfizer jab as well today. come at me conspiracy theorists
Nic Barnes

18th Jan 21 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a key worker letter from my employer 😎
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Jan 21 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
had my first pfizer jab as well today. come at me conspiracy theorists

How did you feel the day after? I felt dog ruff like I had woken up after a huge night out. Only lasted 24 hours though so not the end of the world.

Wards have been eye opening this week as its certainly got a hold of the younger generation this time round. Quite a few patients with no past medical history and circa 30-40 years old. Hits home quite a bit when you are looking at people your age.

Will be interesting to see how long we stick with the full lockdown. I am kind of thinking end of March? Gives the vaccine drive time to crack on further and cases to fall.

SetH

20th Jan 21 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt rough to the next day, mostly achey joints and just fatigued. I tried to do some cross trainer and lasted 3 minutes. Very similar to day 1 symptoms of flu although still fairly mild. same as you only lasted 24 hours. Even if that is a 10% taste of what Covid-19 is like then I really do feel for anyone that goes through it. 2 of my engineers went down with it, was only a matter of time as their role required them to literally work all over the hospital. One is early 50's, plays american football and healthy, said it was the worse thing he has ever had. I have never disputed the symptoms of the virus but as you know I had real issue with the lethality statistics being branded around by propoganda early last year.

Wards are being reorganised so the hospital can stay agile and manage and move people around as needs be. All elective surgeries stopped other than cancer treatments at the moment. ICU is not at capacity but it is very busy.

Still a lot of Traffic on the roads around here, I did not realise that there were so many key workers

Had a dog walking karen stop and stare at me as I drove past her like I should not be out the other day. Felt like shouting out the window, "im sorry I work for the NHS"

I think we will start moving down the Tiers at the end of March, I cannot see anything happening before then. The danger is people who are vaccinated immediately assuming they are 100% immune and go resume normal life.
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Jan 21 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like roughly what we are doing. My ward is admissions and its COVID or NON COVID status changes on a daily basis based on the demand from A+E
We are restarting some elective urgent procedures this week. Good news for me as I get a bit of variety back working in clinic rather then been on the wards all day.

The fact people Imediately think they get immunity from the vaccine is a bit of a worry.
Had Heart radio on in the kitchen last week and Mark Wright was banging on about his grand parents having the vaccine that day and that he is glad that he can finally go round and give them a hug.
Not really what you want to be broadcasting on national radio

[Edited on 24-01-2021 by gavin18787]

Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jan 21 at 01:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the benefit of those people who thought you get it straight away what is the actual sketch?

I feel happier asking you than trying to find out from any official source
SetH

25th Jan 21 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand the question, are you referring to the people that think they suddenly become immune as soon as they are vaccinated?
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jan 21 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
are you referring to the people that think they suddenly become immune as soon as they are vaccinated?

What, like me

I've done no homework at all on how long it takes, I was asking you and Gav prior to going searching because your answers will be more reliable
SetH

26th Jan 21 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest I don't think there is enough data out there yet.

I can share the message from the daily staff update at my hospital though, which was quite simply as follows :

'The first dose of the vaccine, gives good protection after 3 weeks and PPE and personal risk assessments will not change because of your vaccination status'

Read between the lines I guess
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Jan 21 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember Dr John Campbell (guy on Youtube who's been doing daily videos about covid since last Feb/March) looking at the trials data for the Astrazeneca vaccine and saying that nobody was hospitalised after the 3 week point from the first dose. Which I suspect is where the 3 week advice that Seth mentions comes from.

Thinking that through a bit more, people seem to take a fortnight or close to that from catching it to being admitted so does the above suggest that nobody caught a severe dose beyond the 1 week -12 days point to have no hospitalisations after 3 weeks? I've heard mentions of 12 days but I don't know where that has come from, could be Karen on Facey but it does seem to fit in my mind.

I believe that the 3 week data was one of the leading points for delaying the second dose, eg. you can give 10 million people as full protection as possible by x date or in the same timescale you can give 20 million enough protection to keep them out of the hospital.

The thing that's pissing me off with all of this is seeing the effects of the fear campaign on some people. My gran had her vaccine about 2 weeks ago now but after talking to my Mum today it seems she's still nowhere near feeling safe enough to go into a shop "in case someone comes near me" but worse than that, she's still going around cleaning her door handles and bannisters, in a house that she lives in alone. She's still having trouble with sore hands from the dry skin caused by her over washing her hands because "they keep saying you've got to wash your hands", despite living alone and having barely left the house since March to be able to have got it on her hands. When she got her invite for the vaccine it finally felt like a light at the end of the tunnel but after today, I'm not convinced her second dose is going to help her feel any safer
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Jan 21 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Conveniently timed bit of extra information from the ZOE symptom study. They reckon at least 2 weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jAKkKw2dM
SetH

27th Jan 21 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Conveniently timed bit of extra information from the ZOE symptom study. They reckon at least 2 weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jAKkKw2dM

Nice to hear some well presented facts instead of the usual fear campaign articles from the MSM.

I was looking through all the news updates from my hospital this morning regarding the covid deaths. Very sober reading, and I looked back over the last 9 months. I noticed 2 things that were consistent :

Almost all deaths reported were in the 60-100 age group, as expected mostly 70-80+
There were a handful of deaths in the 50-60 age group
There was one death of a woman in her 20's

EVERY SINGLE death reported at my hospital had underlying health issues, I can't find one fatality in which the patient could be considered free from existing illness.

No conclusion here from me, just sharing what my hospital are reporting. ICU is busy but not overwhelmed or even considered critical and the Great Yarmouth area was in fact a 'spike' area.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 21 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
EVERY SINGLE death reported at my hospital had underlying health issues, I can't find one fatality in which the patient could be considered free from existing illness.

No conclusion here from me

I think the data speaks for itself and the nice thing about discussing it on here is we're adult enough to know the caveats.

Fairly damning that though
gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Feb 21 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said already it is still yet to be proven how soon the vaccine becomes protective and all the over points.
Will be interesting to hear what is announced this week. I feel some restrictions need to amended to try and keep the world on track. However the key is not to go too early for obvious reasons.

SetH interesting data there on that no one has passed away with no under lying conditions. Our trust only releases the figures and no further info other then that.

On a personal level a friend has been in hospital for the last 4 weeks with COVID. One of my bike racing mates so young, physically fit and no underlying conditions. Certainly knocked him for six. Although fortunately he was well enough to finally go home this week.

My personal feeling is that the COVID situation will never fully go away and will just become like the seasonal flu where there is an acceptance that it is a risk every year. How you go about drawing a line to quantify this I don’t know. Seeing how the vaccine program pans out by the autumn will be the main key.

DaveyLC

22nd Feb 21 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

There are very few people (especially adults) who DO NOT have some form of underlying health issue..
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Feb 21 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

quote:

There are very few people (especially adults) who DO NOT have some form of underlying health issue..

A lot that they are completely unaware of too until something like this comes along.

SetH

4th Mar 21 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

quote:

Yes I have bum AIDS from sassyminx
Ojc

10th Mar 21 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pip308

18th Apr 21 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:waves:
SetH

23rd Apr 21 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pip308
:waves:

ASL?

you gots udders?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » cuckdown - Part 3 24 database queries in 0.1068201 seconds