corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Covid-19 - The Impact to the economy and our way of life

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Covid-19 - The Impact to the economy and our way of life
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 20 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that was an early announcement then yes, look at the raft of shit he got for it afterwards. That sort of candidness has been nowhere near the TV for months.

The Swedish PM said something very similar then proceeded with their policy and the Swedish people got on with it.

quote:
Every person now needs to mentally prepare for what is coming.

In Sweden, the COVID-19 virus is now spreading in the community.
Lives, health and jobs are at risk.
More people will get the disease, more people will have to say a final farewell to a loved one.

https://www.government.se/speeches/2020/03/prime-ministers-address-to-the-nation-22-march-2020/

And Boris:

quote:
I’ve got to be clear, we’ve all got to be clear, that this is the worst public health crisis for a generation.

And it’s going to spread further and I must level with you, level with the British public, many more families are going to lose loved ones before their time.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-statement-on-coronavirus-12-march-2020

Can't find any such honesty much after that.
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 20 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BoJo's tune changed dramatically (for the better I believe) after it nearly killed him..
SetH

19th Jun 20 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So bank of England are printing 100 billion, the unprecedented QE continues to prop up the markets. In the trading world lots of people gearing up for the 'once in a life time' short opportunity as expecting the markets to fall out of their arse. Can't keep printing imaginary money out of nowhere but as there is so much dumb money fomoing in right now we could see new highs. Really is unprecedented which makes it tough to call. I am not currently trading anything but I am eyeing a short up on the Dow, the bubble has to burst soon as the impact to business and the horrendous redundancies pile up

Quite fortunately I have managed to secure a PM position within the NHS, heading up workstreams on their digital transformation programme. For my interview I had to give a powerpoint presentation on how the NHS will manage in a post covid world, I put a lot of effort into it and I guess my 300+ stories on Insta reporting the real data was not a waste of time as they evidently received it quite well. I feel very lucky to have been able to get back to work after the Pilot dream was wrecked.

My self employed friends have managed to keep fairly busy, they did not stop working during lockdown which in hindsight was probably a good thing. Still seeing a lot of former colleagues in the professional space struggling for work though.
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jun 20 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking news on the job mate

Lots of those jobs in the NHS coming up as we are finally pulling ourselves out of the stone age to get everything electronic. Good post to get in as the NHS is good to move around in once your foot is in the door.
Should provide plenty of work until you get back to what you really want to do.

Feel sorry for the self employed that have fallen into the cracks of the system though.
Local little coffee shop I often use has been hit as they were new on the scene so didnt have a last years worth of profits to claim against and there was nothing on the table for them to claim for.
Fortunately they have managed to tick along with takeaways etc.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jun 20 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coffee shop should have been able to get premises grant unless their rates paperwork was not in order. Which having seen lots of the people on some of the business support Facebook groups saying they had missed out would not be unusual.
SetH

26th Jun 20 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787

Lots of those jobs in the NHS coming up as we are finally pulling ourselves out of the stone age to get everything electronic. Good post to get in as the NHS is good to move around in once your foot is in the door.

Thank you mate, appreciate that. I am really looking forward to it if I am honest and considering it as a long term thing.
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Jun 20 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Coffee shop should have been able to get premises grant unless their rates paperwork was not in order. Which having seen lots of the people on some of the business support Facebook groups saying they had missed out would not be unusual.

Could well be. Other then been a nice bloke and feeling a bit sorry for him when he said I don't know him from Adam really

gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Jun 20 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787

Thank you mate, appreciate that. I am really looking forward to it if I am honest and considering it as a long term thing.

Hopefully you will enjoy it. We have just appointed a new IT project lead for our new pharmacy IT systems which are been implemented. Thisnis due to our 3 essex trusts merging and sharing resources. Going to be a big job as its currently 3 different big areas working 3 very different systems
Certainly lots of them opening up. However a hell of a lot of people applied for ours and I am sure yours was the same. You must have impressed

gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Jul 20 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the other week the PM was singing and dancing about healthy lifestyles and funding gastric bands on the NHS.
This week it seems its all about money off takeaways and eating out

Not 100% sure if this is the way to go. Takeout joints and cafes etc all seem fairly busy round this way since reopening. Would have thought some kind of subsidy on their rates or simular would have been a better bet?

Ian
Site Administrator

9th Jul 20 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're already helping with the rates I think.
Cybermonkey

16th Jul 20 at 05:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being in aussie land with relatively tiny COVID infected and dead, its absolutely smashed the country. Now over 7% unemployment, companies folding left right and centre and further lockdowns around the country because of a small spike in numbers.

We as a nation are strugging to deal with it and we are an island nation with massive water expanses between us and other countries. God knows how other countries are going to deal with it.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Aug 20 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the UK approach is too little too late, then punish the Spanish
Zzieno
Banned

12th Aug 20 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope everything will be alright soon

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Covid-19 - The Impact to the economy and our way of life 24 database queries in 0.0148969 seconds