corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 21 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
What in all hell is going on with car prices right now On the lookout for something comfy as I've messed my back up again. The 435 was comfy but used 435/440s are silly money, and I'd need to tune it again as otherwise would feel wrong. M4/GTR/Golf R are way too uncomfy, an x3/x4/x5 is 8/10k more than the x4 was I bought last year for the same age...There's a 7 year old x5 m50i for 30k ffs. World has gone mental.

Also, bought a KTM Duke a month back, which is surprisingly a much more comfy position than a car, but it's only a 125 till I can do my das so not the best for long journeys

Combination of Covid and Brexit.

The pandemic has seen lots of people have stop leasing and they are buying used cars.

Then Brexit has caused supply issues and introduced new VAT liabilities that have driven up the prices of the news which also then drives up the price of used cars.
RichR
Premium Member

4th Aug 21 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jumped on the electric bandwagon and had a VW ID3 delivered last week; first impressions are quite good; range is decent enough and it’s got a bit of poke.

Also bought a KTM 350 Freeride for green laning which is great fun although not overly comfy on road with full knobbly tires on.

[Edited on 04-08-2021 by RichR]
Neo

6th Aug 21 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Combination of Covid and Brexit.

The pandemic has seen lots of people have stop leasing and they are buying used cars.

Then Brexit has caused supply issues and introduced new VAT liabilities that have driven up the prices of the news which also then drives up the price of used cars.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, I was considering just binning the TT and hiring a decent car when I need one for long journeys/holidays but anything reasonable is at least 600 quid for a few days.

Anyway, TT has now gone, replaced with a 535i Hybrid. Greta Thunberg will be proud, although the electric range of 2 miles under 30 mph is quite hilarious
Neo

6th Aug 21 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
Jumped on the electric bandwagon and had a VW ID3 delivered last week; first impressions are quite good; range is decent enough and it’s got a bit of poke.

The id3 reminds me of the supersport gti from gran turismo

ShEp

9th Aug 21 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Audi S3 8v and a VW caddy.

Still can't leave cars standard, I blame Corsa's from when I was younger.
djgritt
Premium Member

21st Sep 21 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a while since I logged on. So many familiar names still going strong by the look of it!

Last on here with my Monaro, but a change of circumstance meant it needed to go. Took a couple of years of yawnmobiles and this year went to a Focus ST. It’s a couple of years old so gives me something to tinker with.

Wife continued with Abarth 595s for some time, totalling 4 of them in succession, from base trim up to Competizione - they are brilliant fun, would have another without quibble.
She then decided to try sensible options and got a new Ford Puma hybrid, but decided it didn’t have the fun or excitement of the Abarth so has now just used the mad car market of 2021 to upgrade from the Ford to the newly released Hyundai i20N - which so far is bloody brilliant. I am a bit jelly.

SetH

29th Sep 21 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was contemplating getting something tasty for early next year. However a browse of the used car market is making me re-consider. I literally cannot believe the price of things! E90 M3's, B8.5 RS5's even a 10 year old bog standard Golf Gti is priced ridiculously (imho). Leasing is out right now with the huge lead times on new cars and as a result not many deals out there.

did not fancy running the Mincer TT Roadster as a daily through the winter. I am sure we are in a housing/car bubble, could be painful if/when it pops in the near future.

i keep looking at old school Lexus GS430 for a bit of V8 wafty (hopefully reliable) winter daily.

[Edited on 29-09-2021 by SetH]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Oct 21 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I’ve got a T5 Transporter camper now. Sight impulse buy...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
SetH

3rd Oct 21 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil

I bet that was 10k more then it would have been 18 months ago.
DaveyLC

4th Oct 21 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:

Prices are beyond a joke.. We sold ours last year during the peak of covid madness, owned it nearly 7 years and made money on it
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Oct 21 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Not that bad. It needs some work then might sell it on if prices carry on like this!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
SetH

5th Oct 21 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would, stocks, houses and cars will not go up forever. when they do drop, they will drop much more quickly than they went up. Stairs up = elevator down, happens again and again throughout history.
DaveyLC

6th Oct 21 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would, stocks, houses and cars will not go up forever. when they do drop, they will drop much more quickly than they went up. Stairs up = elevator down, happens again and again throughout history.

Soon we can go back to the good old days when we drove around in depreciating assets
SetH

6th Oct 21 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLC

11th Oct 21 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed prices seem to be tumbling and now it looks like the self-fulfilling prophecy of interest rate rises seems to be on the cards its only a matter of time before most people start selling their toys.
Neo

12th Oct 21 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've noticed prices seem to be tumbling and now it looks like the self-fulfilling prophecy of interest rate rises seems to be on the cards its only a matter of time before most people start selling their toys.

Fingers crossed, rolling around in a 535i activehybrid, still lusting after a gtr or m car and waiting for the market to be flooded with them cheap

Its a funny car, in full waft se spec, electric up to about 35 and 0-60 in the 5's. Because of the torque hit low down, coming off roundabouts results I an electric slide and giggles.

Will hopefully by doing mod 1 soon and quite fancy an mv agusta brutale too

[Edited on 12-10-2021 by Neo]
DaveyLC

22nd Oct 21 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Fingers crossed, rolling around in a 535i activehybrid, still lusting after a gtr or m car and waiting for the market to be flooded with them cheap

IMHO you're already living in 2030 - Bio-fuelled hybrids are the future of motoring..
Neo

9th Dec 21 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

IMHO you're already living in 2030 - Bio-fuelled hybrids are the future of motoring..

I'm averaging about 35 currently, which is particularly impressive as only about 50% of my driving has been motorway, most often just nipping to the shops and back. Think you're right, it's definately the way forward.

Also found a neat trick, if the battery is dead, standing on the brake and sitting at about 1600rpm in neutral recharges it in about 50 seconds from empty.

Back to the thread topic, passed mod 2 so picked up a Ninja 650

So currently have the active5, mr2, bmax and that.
SetH

27th Jan 22 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still in the mincer TT I am afraid. Its only redeeming feature is the beautiful sounding and responsive VR6 engine. Makes you realise how dull the countless 4 pot 2.0 turbo's that comes in everything really are. Other then that its a bit of a shed.

Just can't bring myself to pay over inflated prices for any used performance cars. The everything bubble continues, although we are seeing some downside in stock markets and rate rises.

The wait times for anything new are still ridiculous so hanging fire. I am tempted to grab a classic impreza STi before they head to the land of cosworth prices. Then maybe lease a modest hot hatch as a daily.
richardworrall
Premium Member

27th Jan 22 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Company cars last few years for me.
Currently 2021 Focus 1.5 TDCI ST-Line. Spends most of its time in sport mode with heated seats and steering wheel lovely in this shite weather.
Sam
Premium Member

28th Jan 22 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Still in the mincer TT I am afraid. Its only redeeming feature is the beautiful sounding and responsive VR6 engine. Makes you realise how dull the countless 4 pot 2.0 turbo's that comes in everything really are. Other then that its a bit of a shed.

Just can't bring myself to pay over inflated prices for any used performance cars. The everything bubble continues, although we are seeing some downside in stock markets and rate rises.

The wait times for anything new are still ridiculous so hanging fire. I am tempted to grab a classic impreza STi before they head to the land of cosworth prices. Then maybe lease a modest hot hatch as a daily.

2.0 TFSI like in my Golf is nice but it's about as reliable as a C/Z20LET

I think since I talked about the GTI on here it's had a new turbo, it now needs a new N75 valve (got it just need to get it fitted) as goes into limp mode when boost kicks in hard yo, and now the fucking thing has a misfire from cold because it's a shitty direct injection engine and the injectors and inlet valves are likely coked up to fuck.

Also seems to suffer from that weak start that virtually all TFSI engines of that era have despite a new starter and battery etc.

German build quality...

SetH

28th Jan 22 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ugh I remember N75 valve issues on the old 1.8T engines, I had a total of 4 VAG cars with that engine over the years.

Had a passenger ride in a Golf R recently, quick, capable but the fake sound being piped in the cabin was awful. Such a clinically cold car.

Can't beat a V6 or inline 6 for sound, VR6 on full chat is just naughty. There is what sounds like a straight piped R32 in my area, sounds like a symphony from hell

[Edited on 28-01-2022 by SetH]
Sam
Premium Member

28th Jan 22 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'd love to get an R32 or some old school VR6. My GTI is quick and that but it doesn't "feel" like a fun car to drive which I'm sad about. Maybe I'd feel different if it was a manual and not a DSG?

I've got another Corsa C now since we last spoke in the super rare "purple spell" colour, now that's fun to drive even though it's a 1.2 and a little shitbox

Just had the clutch done on it, one day I might actually finish building this Z20 engine that I've got and then it'll be a fun and quick car!
Kurt

11th Feb 22 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After the Corsa Sport I had an FN2, then a 987 Boxster S for about 5 years, then had an FK2, gearbox was shagged and Honda were shit so then saw my arse and part x’d it against an FK8 for a few years.

Sold the FK8 recently whilst prices are high and we had just bought a house.
Waiting for these prices to collapse and I’ll see where we’re at and go again.

Came out with more than the deposit I put in.
Just smoking round in a diesel Mini for now.
big eck

3rd Mar 24 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening &#128514;&#128514;

<<  7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2020 What are we all driving - Car Content 24 database queries in 0.1669300 seconds