corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Back for a little while

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Back for a little while
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
13th Feb 19 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most won't remember me but some might remember me for stupidly lowered cars and tinted windscreens lol.

Anyway found a nice original white corsa sport with 48k with full documented history etc and couldn't not have it, didn't realise how hard it would be to get parts now though.

Tried to upload photos to photobucket but my account is at its limit! I'll get some up soon
Jamie-C

13th Feb 19 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://s302.photobucket.com/user/jamieconn2k7/media/FB_IMG_1549885872932.jpg.html

http://s302.photobucket.com/user/jamieconn2k7/media/FB_IMG_1549885917681.jpg.html

http://s302.photobucket.com/user/jamieconn2k7/media/FB_IMG_1549885910717.jpg.html

http://s302.photobucket.com/user/jamieconn2k7/media/IMG_20190211_154059.jpg.html

And my main car

http://s302.photobucket.com/user/jamieconn2k7/media/3378686509849347786.jpg.html

[Edited on 13-02-2019 by Jamie-C]

[Edited on 13-02-2019 by Jamie-C]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Feb 19 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be a rare thing on that mileage, looks dry stored as well.
SetH

14th Feb 19 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Corsa looks very tidy for a 21 year old car

Do you mind if I ask what you picked it up for?

As for that E90
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Feb 19 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice.

I legitimately looked for a nice B for our driveway a year or so ago but just nothing was around.

Ended up with a shonky Clio 182 (which is still hanging on), but still feel like a 1.6 variant of Corsa B is still an itch I've got to scratch.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jamie-C

14th Feb 19 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea there's not many about now especially unmolested examples, getting to be a rare site on the roads so when one come up couldn't say no.

Picked it up for 2k which I don't think is to bad since there's not a lot to choose from, in 2 minds whether to GSi kit it or leave it as is?
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Feb 19 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably value at 2k if you keep it tidy.

Needs a different reg if you GSi it, R plate with that bumper looks wrong.
Ian W

14th Feb 19 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my low mileage Sport in September, bought on 49k and sold on 57k. There are very few left now, even fewer nice ones.
SetH

15th Feb 19 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found one!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-T-Reg-Vauxhall-Corsa-1-6-Sport-34K-FSH-1-Previous-Owner/163516057244

£2695 though, but as always with these things find another one?

Looks like the underside has been protected and it has been doing 1k per year recently.

[Edited on 31-07-2019 by Ian]
Jamie-C

31st Jul 19 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So been making some progress with this, unfortunately found some rot around the back arches and after a bit of digging it has to be sorted as soon as.

While that was being done started sourcing some parts first was a set of speedlines, by chance I decided to email wheelbase and they still had 2 lurking about so nabbed them and found 2 second hand ones.

Also seen a gsi kit for sale local so went and collected that and left that up to be painted along with 2 sides of car and bonnet.
Some photos not sure if there in order or not.

Jamie-C

31st Jul 19 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In order from bottom to top
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jul 19 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks well, did you paint the whole side? Can't see the repair in the last pic with the wheel off.
Jamie-C

1st Aug 19 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea got 2 sides painted front and back bumpers and bonnet, going to get boot done at a later date as I haven't made my mind up yet whether to go semi smooth or just weld up the wiper hole. I think that's it for this year though as funds are getting low.

Have. You still got your white GSi?
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Aug 19 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, still in bits though.
Ian W

2nd Aug 19 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to see another b getting some attention, get yourself a 421 to go with the Mantzel.
Jamie-C

30th Aug 19 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea hopefully more will start being saved there a rare site now.

Been doing a bit more this week in cleaning any bits of rust up and painting with bilt hamber under body paint and wax, hopefully keeps it fresh for another while, also fitted you wheel bearings, bottom arms, ball joints and track rod ends to freshen up the suspension and fitted my gaz coilovers. Just need to sort the back when I get another good day.

Corsa Sri Ant

20th Sep 19 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice to see a Sport, getting very rare these days, shame about the arch rot, but pleased to see its being repaired. The Gsi kit is always a must and always looks smart. I do have Corsa B spares and can get parts fairly easily.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Back for a little while 24 database queries in 0.0147259 seconds