corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Brexit

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brexit
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
11th Feb 19 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went onto the "remain in the EU" group on facebook, majority of the people posting have foreign sounding names.

Thought that was odd
SetH

11th Feb 19 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racist
DaveyLC

11th Feb 19 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I went onto the "remain in the EU" group on facebook, majority of the people posting have foreign sounding names.

Thought that was odd

God Forbid some one has a name with too many consonants.
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 19 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its coming home its coming home, its coming......no deals coming home
MoesTavern

11th Feb 19 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May's deal is coming home more like. There's no majority for no deal in parliment so May's deal is what we're going to get.

All she has to do is waste time until the end of March.
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 19 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, it was going to be a no deal all the way along, just making it look like they are trying to try and lessen the whinging of the remainers
Steve
Premium Member

11th Feb 19 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
May's deal is coming home more like. There's no majority for no deal in parliment so May's deal is what we're going to get.

All she has to do is waste time until the end of March.

Her deal is ok, they just need to sort that backstop issue out because the EU can use it to hold the UK to ransom if it wishes.
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 19 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought a backstop was something at the end of sassyminx's dildo to stop it disappearing up inside of her.
SetH

11th Feb 19 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL

Im crying

[Edited on 11-02-2019 by SetH]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Feb 19 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
29th March 2019 is going to be amazing! Waffle waffle blah blah unfunny shit about nothing blah blah

No wonder leave won.
DaveyLC

1st Nov 19 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like its going well
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 19 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep
DaveyLC

25th Jan 21 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not looking so good for the B word at the moment.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jan 21 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Customs stuff is beginning to be a pain in the cock, mostly target countries charging people for stuff now that they didn't before. I need it explaining in words of one syllable how its the UK's fault if Spain chooses to charge someone 30EUR to collect their parcel from the depot.

Customs Union wasn't available unless we also took freedom of movement right?

Feels a bit like spite to me.
DaveyLC

27th Jan 21 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Customs stuff is beginning to be a pain in the cock, mostly target countries charging people for stuff now that they didn't before. I need it explaining in words of one syllable how its the UK's fault if Spain chooses to charge someone 30EUR to collect their parcel from the depot.

Customs Union wasn't available unless we also took freedom of movement right?

Feels a bit like spite to me.

The VAT liability is the biggest over-sight here.. The Brexiteers who wanked on about our 0.3% VAT contribution to the common market totally neglected to realise the cost of having to PAY the full VAT..

Dick heads.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jan 21 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but these VAT charges in the EU states are basically a bi-product of the EU states having £0 thresholds for VAT registration? ie. if I trade with Netherlands now, now I should charge VAT and send that to NL but actually they're doing it for me?

That's not really Brexit's fault is it? That's NL having a zero EUR registration threshold which is a matter for NL as a democratic nation to decide whether their residents want to pay VAT to micro SME.

Makes the UK slightly less competitive - or does it? I'm still selling stuff, only downside is the customers are finding it more expensive.

And if I registered for UK VAT, I'd then be not charging it for those sales, meaning NL would only be putting back on what I'd not charged anyway?

If I lived in the EU I'd be asking for higher domestic VAT turnover thresholds. Nothing to do with what the UK does or doesn't do. Their requirement for me to register and charge it to trade their is their own domestic policy, not mine.
DaveyLC

28th Jan 21 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yes but these VAT charges in the EU states are basically a bi-product of the EU states having £0 thresholds for VAT registration? ie. if I trade with Netherlands now, now I should charge VAT and send that to NL but actually they're doing it for me?

You're kind of proving my point

As a member of the EU's common and free market our treasury pays a proportion of all of our own VAT receipts to the EU in return your own vat liability is determined by where the service your are selling or consuming terminates - as such no individual or business will ever pay VAT twice for the same transaction.

Out side of the common market we are a 3rd country and liable for domestic and destination VAT.. If somebody buys something from your eBay store they are charged VAT by you (that you will declare with HMRC), they/you then raise a customs declaration and they are liable for VAT in their own country.

Because we have a trade deal there are currently no tariffs or duties unless its something like alcohol.

The real kicker is the shipping agent can also charge customs clearance and admin fees also subject to the destination VAT.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jan 21 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VAT in NL is because the VAT registration is zero though isn't it?

I don't charge it in the UK - not registered.

I charge it in NL - albeit via proxy - because I have to because I'm VAT registered in the country - because of their law.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jan 21 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
as such no individual or business will ever pay VAT twice for the same transaction.

Out side of the common market we are a 3rd country and liable for domestic and destination VAT.. If somebody buys something from your eBay store they are charged VAT by you (that you will declare with HMRC), they/you then raise a customs declaration and they are liable for VAT in their own country.

That's wrong though, even if I was registered, VAT on exports would be zero rated?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-on-goods-exported-from-the-uk-notice-703

I can't see how anyone is paying it twice? Either I have it wrong or you're picking that out the sky to make it look like some problem its not?

[Edited on 28-01-2021 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jan 21 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The real kicker is the shipping agent can also charge customs clearance and admin fees also subject to the destination VAT.

Which if you were that arsed about you'd register yourself as a seller in NL and presumably become VAT registered in NL.

And if that's more paperwork, you have the option for the shipper to do it for you, which is where you'd be if you didn't register yourself in NL.
DaveyLC

28th Jan 21 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Which if you were that arsed about you'd register yourself as a seller in NL and presumably become VAT registered in NL.

And if that's more paperwork, you have the option for the shipper to do it for you, which is where you'd be if you didn't register yourself in NL.

It’s not that simple unless you’re actually shipping your goods out of NL plus if swathes of countries did that the UK treasury will be decimated .
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jan 21 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically if NL wants to collect and retain the VAT for their residents, that saves me a job, which is what I'm paying the shipper to do.

And if I don't like it I can change my company structure if having someone else get paid to process the money offends me that much. Which it doesn't as I actually quite like the idea of someone else doing the work.

The whole debate stinks, so difficult to have a reasonable conversation when we're talking on the one hand about people paying VAT twice but actually the real crime is UPS getting a fiver for doing actual work that saves the UK company the same work anyway.

Are you going to reply to the bit about paying VAT twice or did my cursory five minute research actually yield a more accurate assessment of the situation.
DaveyLC

29th Jan 21 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you are missing my point..

UK businesses who trade with the EU in the common market have done so like it as a domestic transaction (the same with shipping).

The government harped on about "get ready" but no body knew what "the deal" would be and when Boris said we've got a "free trade deal" everybody overlooked the VAT liability.

The POS software, e-commerce platforms, shipping agents TMS's etc. are NOT geared up for the UK to be a 3rd country to the EU...

As you know I'm a software developer in International logistics and have been for 21 years.. Its an absolute s***-show.

Brexit was sold to the average man by politicians who are less qualified to peel a banana than make any kind of statement on international trade.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jan 21 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the contrary I think we agree.

Software is not ready - totally agree - no reason why any of this needs stickers on the boxes or processing fee by people at a later date when all the information is known the minute the sale goes through.

So NL can take VAT if they want and I don't need to see it - or declare it - or wait for the customer to pay it. If the software is right.

In fact you might argue that collecting the duty at transaction time is a far better way of doing it than doing a return every quarter - you might find you get UK customers selling to the UK who want to not build up their VAT bill.

As someone who's not got the job of programming it I can see a solution, but yes, I can see this is a massive job. Which probably more people should have seen coming.

But as for paying VAT twice - only if someone cocks it up.

Sounds like you've got job security anyway
DaveyLC

29th Jan 21 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

But as for paying VAT twice - only if someone cocks it up.

Sounds like you've got job security anyway

Yeah selfishly speaking its kept us super busy, but I'd sooner us remain in the EU and continue to reap all of the benefits.

I'm still yet to hear of a single measurable Benefit of this circus?

Also you've seriously over simplified the VAT issue. It can be avoided with the use of bonded warehouses and guarantees but your average SME can't take advantage of these things.. Brexit is decimating this countries exports.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Brexit 22 database queries in 0.1693048 seconds