corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Iptv

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Iptv
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Nov 18 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone here using IPTV? Seeing it “advertised” more and more. What’s the crack?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
SetH

11th Nov 18 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean IPTV as a technology or any particular provider you are looking at?

They all claim to be the best provider

Had a quick nose at these two :

https://www.strongiptv.co.uk/

https://iptv.shop/

I am done with SKY, their product just feels very outdate now and I don't feel netflix is that great value for money so looking into these.

DaveyLC

13th Nov 18 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've binned traditional subscription TV in favour of Plex, HDHomeRun and a subscription to Netflix (farcheaper than sky/virgin)..
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Nov 18 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone that says IPTV is better than sky is a liar.

I have sky and IPTV. I get 60% off my sky deal. when that runs out if they dont offer 60% off again i'll just leave and stick to iptv but its not as good. but it is a fraction of the cost
SetH

17th Nov 18 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
anyone that says IPTV is better than sky is a liar.

I have sky and IPTV. I get 60% off my sky deal. when that runs out if they dont offer 60% off again i'll just leave and stick to iptv but its not as good. but it is a fraction of the cost

Why do you feel it is not as good? selection of channels/programs?

Only disadvantage I can think of is that it is streaming so dependent on a fast fibre connection. I guess if you are a family of 5 with many devices streaming could be an issue. Only benefit I see of Sky is that it is not sapping your bandwidth.

I moved recently and did not renew my Sky, just have Netflix (which is great but I would argue does not encompass the full suite of viewing by any means) at the moment but seriously considering IPTV solutions.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Nov 18 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

picture quality is not as good on IPTV. I get download speeds of around 60meg so thats not the issue.

also the guide on sky is far superior and you can record and series link on sky
SetH

19th Nov 18 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so picture quality something to factor in. I guess they all stream in 1080p/4k (I think Sky 4k content is download only right now?) but with IPTV there may be some compression which ultimately reduces picture quality unless I am missing something?

What about sky's audio stream though? it never even compares to the sound quality I get from Blurays, again I expect compression. For that reason I stopped watching movies on sky and just used it for regular TV and sky atlantic/fox , also gave up on music channels and just use itunes and apple music subscription through my Sonos. Been a Sky Customer for 10 years but they have lost me a bit recently if I'm honest it feels dated.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Iptv 24 database queries in 0.0073471 seconds