corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Terraclean - Worth it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Terraclean - Worth it?
Tiger

User status: Offline
17th Nov 17 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mechanics a few doors down from work are a terraclean franchise, it’s £110 but I’ve heard mixed reviews, some say brilliant, some say waste of money. I don’t know anyone with personal experience of it though.

Anyone got some input?

Cheers.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Nov 17 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read on other forums that its not that good. Problems crop up afterwards.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DaveyLC

20th Nov 17 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The carbon build up in your engine is normally the only think filling the gaps between worn parts..
Tiger

20th Nov 17 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I’ve heard this before actually and sounds pretty feasible, a lot of people have said that after having the terraclean, it tends to reveal underlying issues that were masked by carbon.
jbguitarking

20th Nov 17 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally wouldn't bother, not even on a diesel.

Just cleaning up the intake track and the tops of valves is more than enough for most "performance" cars, petrol and diesel alike.
jay.jay

20th Nov 17 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We do terraclean at work, never had a problem with Petrols or diesels after a treatment. Most cases where there has been a problem with another dealer is when customers lie through their teeth when asked “are there any problems with the car?” before they start. I always do a test drive before and after and don’t even touch the car til I’ve read off the fault codes, checked oil and for leaks etc. It’s not a miracle fix at the end of the day, it’s preventative maintenance and it does help. We have an intake cleaner which works wonders on direct injection petrols (TFSI, FSI, 2nd gen minis etc). Hope this helps
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

27th Nov 17 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id actually thought about having this done to my Xe as after taking the exhaust manifold off i noticed a bit of carbon build up but hesitant to do it to this old engine haha
Tiger

27th Nov 17 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I’m reluctant at the minute unless I hear some really positive comments about it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Terraclean - Worth it? 24 database queries in 0.0112410 seconds