corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ojc & 3CorsaMeal

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ojc & 3CorsaMeal
Kev_GSI

User status: Offline
11th Jul 17 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get patches to fix photobucket but not that simple
Ian W

11th Jul 17 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Also the cs stand at billing had one car...

If there was a stand at Billing, we weren't there....

CS stand had a total of 4 Corsa's at VBOA on the weekend.

It is a shame that no one pushes the show stuff, the website might be dead but could easily live on in other forms, afaik, JOV doesn't even have a forum anymore and that is a big stand!
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jul 17 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember not pushing the show stuff, we've had a thread up about going for a good while, button on the top to buy tickets, its an event we do every year etc. etc. Sure its no secret that we went to trouble and expense to become members, not only did a few of us have to go to lots of meetings miles away but there's an ongoing cost of insurance that we need to upkeep in order to part of it. Not to mention the work that goes on on the day. None of that is a secret.

Shame to see Corsas that used to be with CS on other stands but hey ho, people can vote with their feet as they see fit. Not sure what causes people to desert CS but if they choose to then we'll have a small number of cars. If that's a coffin then yeah, CS has run its course and we can no longer have stands as we used to.

Ultimately and regardless of what any CS staff member does, none of us have Corsas to show just now so its going to come down to people with actual cars to decide whether they want to support CS or watch it die. Few people obviously happy with the latter last weekend.

As I've said before I don't share the position and I'll keep going there with a van full of gear and enjoy my own weekend, and eventually take a car. And there are other staff cars in the brewing. And we might get some new people. So its not like its dead and the decision is made, there is no other Corsa club in the association and I don't see any of the Facebook groups rushing to commit financially to becoming so.

Can't speak for JOV as I don't know what they're doing but I noticed they were giving out trophies - perhaps that is a boat we missed but a catch 22 when there's not enough cars to justify a competition. Cheeky cunts at MIG also came over to gloat when in fact they've sold their web site to an overseas company and can't even object the fucking masses of advertising all over it. The revenue from which they've no chance of ever seeing.

What can I do? I'm not really minded to rounding people up who are happy to fuck off without any great reason and I'm so old and jaded now that the only real wish I have for those people who do fuck off is that it rains and they spend the weekend sat in a car. Perhaps that's the problem and I'm a grumpy twat but you get like that.

What I would say for the future is that CS will be doing that event again because I personally thought it went incredibly well given the fact they were homeless 9 months earlier. And we need Corsas if we are to not look like nobs again. So with no lack of clarity the stand will be there welcoming anyone who turns up. If that's death then plenty of other stands will accept (steal ) Corsas. Just don't anyone claim we weren't there to support.
Ojc

11th Jul 17 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Incredibly sad, I heard that people that supported the website for a long ol time had decided to go with other stands after all the years of support you'd given them I find it leaving a bad taste.

What Vauxhall aren't doing anymore is selling the VXR range in any great number, the Corsa E VXR sales figures would make interesting reading as I've seen 1 on road since the release.
kennySRi

11th Jul 17 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a genuine shame to see CS like this. I'm sure it's no secret but I've been a member on here way longer than my username date suggests and I'll always remember this forum to be the best of it's generation by far.

It's such a shame that I don't have a corsa or have any intention of ever buying one because I would of loved to be involved with the annual events with the site and would of been a genuine treat to see the same people every year for a catch up but we just don't have corsas anymore.

All those years ago when the majority of members wanted the site to change from corsas to a generic car forum might of been right but let's not get into that debate again

[Edited on 11-07-2017 by kennySRi]
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jul 17 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
All those years ago when the majority of members wanted the site to change from corsas to a generic car forum might of been right but let's not get into that debate again

That's also not the reason there were very few Corsas on the CS stand - there were plenty at the show.
taylorboosh

12th Jul 17 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
quote:
Photobucket has just fucked forums big time tbh - final nail

Also the cs stand at billing had one car...

Noticed this with lots of threads on PH. Just logged into my account to see how much the upgrade is....$400!

$5.99 a month on mine?
taylorboosh

12th Jul 17 at 06:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi

That's also not the reason there were very few Corsas on the CS stand - there were plenty at the show.

I didnt see that many more? Kev cranston was the only one of merit

The reason other clubs have big stands is facebook, you refuse to make a proper fb page so are getting no traffic.... the corsa b page is huge - theres some fantastic corsas about still.... the kadett c club had far more cars and to a higher standard - why? Because they use fb and a forum

And I personally am gutted to see the site the way it is, even more so now but im not paying to fix photobucket and i cba to save all the pics and fix the threads
Ian W

12th Jul 17 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a shame to see both the site and the show side of things getting quieter and quieter, 10 years ago it was *the* Corsa site and stand at the shows, as we all know, times have moved on but a lot of Corsa drivers are still about.

There must be a ton of 'Corsa b' fb members that would show with CS if they knew if was an option, I doubt many of them even know the site exists so a thread on this site about the show is only ever going to generate the same few members coming along

I'd love to see an awesome CS stand like the old days, great memories from years gone by
Ojc

12th Jul 17 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't figure out what happened here, 2007 Facebook was about but the site was still stupidly busy up to 2012.
Ian W

12th Jul 17 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I can't figure out what happened here, 2007 Facebook was about but the site was still stupidly busy up to 2012.

The people like us who grew up with forums slowly stopped coming on and the younger generation signed in to Facebook @ 13 and never left.

taylorboosh

12th Jul 17 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i only got fb a few years ago but with its push notifications it draws you into posts
3CorsaMeal

12th Jul 17 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the internet has started to vanish, just seems a way of using facebook, amazon, ebay, instragram now.

Its not a place for forum based discussion anymore, people just want to quickly show off their stuff and after a week or so its gone and forgotten.

Saw something the other day about how the younger generation are not so bothered about driving anymore, they don't smoke or take drugs either. Tbh they are becoming well behaved people

[Edited on 12-07-2017 by 3CorsaMeal]
3CorsaMeal

12th Jul 17 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are the equivalent of 60yrs old wondering why the local library isn't so busy anymore.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jul 17 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didnt see that many more? Kev cranston was the only one of merit

Two others with Kev - one of whom knows all about CS and chose to leave. Again - I can't speak for their motives but they're not new people we haven't discovered yet

Three on MIG

Two on VODC, an Arden B the owner of which we spoke to and a silver C

Fairly standard Red GSi was driving about a bit, not sure where he ended up

One with LMF

One with one of the Chevette clubs who we spoke to and who came over

We actually totalled four over the course of the weekend but not everyone for the whole time.

Plenty about and even with the people we know who chose to fuck off we'd still have had a stronger stand. Which may have encouraged more either at that show or subsequent shows to come over.

I don't think its the end, same as I don't think any small Nova stands were the end for them - they're doing far better these days on whatever medium, probably FB but who knows. Perhaps they just have people with cars who decide to be loyal? Is that not the point we're missing if we blame Facebook completely. We talk about the visibility of CS on social media and I've seen no pics of the stand on any groups because it wasn't worth photographing.

Admittedly new members are nice but what is going to attract new people to an empty stand because old members have left?

I do feel like a moaning old cunt now and moaning will not sort it, can't say that if I read any of this shit if I was an old member I'd feel like coming back. So lets see. But if you own a Corsa I need you to help me out.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th Jul 17 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine will be there next year
Ian W

12th Jul 17 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know people have talked about trying to get all the known GSi's together at a show, maybe CS could be the driving force behind that?

As you said though, the problem is an empty stand doesn't attract new people but even older members don't want to be on empty stand so its a catch 22 isn't it
scotty GTE

12th Jul 17 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought it was a fantastic show. Few wee issues like lack of bins and the showers were a bit of a joke, but bar that it was a great first effort.

Sad to see corsa sport so empty, wandered over on Saturday and had a look at the silver one on calibra turbo alloys but didn't see anyone to say hello to.

Seemed to be more B's than last year and almost all of a really decent std. Couldn't believe how much attention my car got
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th Jul 17 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
As you said though, the problem is an empty stand doesn't attract new people but even older members don't want to be on empty stand so its a catch 22 isn't it

Not really - if you and other members come along, we won't have an empty stand any more...

As above, my car will be there next year, regardless of the number of other cars attending.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jul 17 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian - I do plan to speak to Tim from the Corsa GSi group on Facebook, might be worth also mentioning it to him as you also have a car to bring.

If we can get that group on board that would be mega - its unlikely they'll get to VBOA on their own and CS is the 'right' club for a set of lovely old GSis. And I'd love to have them all there.
Ian W

12th Jul 17 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Ian - I do plan to speak to Tim from the Corsa GSi group on Facebook, might be worth also mentioning it to him as you also have a car to bring.

If we can get that group on board that would be mega - its unlikely they'll get to VBOA on their own and CS is the 'right' club for a set of lovely old GSis. And I'd love to have them all there.

Yeah, if CS could be the group / forum for GSi's it would be a nice touch

Happy to try and pull us all together for next year and get us all on one stand
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jul 17 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jul 17 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did I mention that we have a Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/corsasport/
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jul 17 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
What Vauxhall aren't doing anymore is selling the VXR range in any great number

Quite but we can't really use that an excuse given there were 26 Calibras, the most recent of which would be 20 years old and 53 Victors the youngest of which would be 45

Going on those numbers it should be easy to find a hatchback which is still in production
STEvieXE

13th Jul 17 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a long term member, I was registered under a different username which I can't remember now! From approx 2003. Corsa sport was the biggest car forum I was a member of and by far the best. I was never a big poster but a very regular reader, I had a few years where I wasn't as bothered and came back to the forum to find it dead! The main problem is imo older members come on now periodically I'm sure but see no content so there's no reason to come back more. I currently am looking for a corsa again for abit of a project and I'm sure others will always have a soft spot for them regardless of what they moved onto. The way I see it is getting a decent car is getting harder by the day (esp here in n.i.) so perhaps could be folks thinking of getting another while they can but again they come back on here and there's nothing to see!

I follow corsa b on FB and tbh it's a great testament to how many decent corsasl there are out there. The downside to it is there is no write up/ project progress etc, just a pic and a few comments.

The younger generation (generally corsa owners) possibly don't know anything but the FB page and comments and maybe if they were linked to progress threads on here etc would enjoy reading them and make their own etc??

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ojc & 3CorsaMeal 22 database queries in 0.1096442 seconds