corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C tracking after wishbone replacement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C tracking after wishbone replacement
moka

User status: Offline
2nd May 17 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replaced offside wishbone and got tracking done the other day (nearside wishbone replaced 2 months back) - is the camber something to worry about? I asked the garage there and then and they said nothing to worry about as it can't be adjusted anyway...

Tracking before:

Tracking after:

[Edited on 04-05-2017 by moka]
monkeytwizzel

22nd May 17 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would same that there is something wrong with your first arm you did,check there isn't model options.
Is your corsa lowered,on coilovers as some coilovers need camber correction bolts.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd May 17 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do bear in mind the readings for the OSF camber are within 2 seconds of each other which is half of 1/1000th of a degree so they've not moved much, contrary to the picture which has gone from being massively wonky to dead straight. Presumably there are only three pictures.

The NSF camber not adjustable but is a factor of the position of the subframe and the strut top and both of those can be re-seated. That said you'll need to alight the whole thing again. If its not pulling or chewing tyres I wouldn't call it a major concern.
moka

23rd May 17 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car tracks straight, so I'm happy enough with that... But the car struggles to centre the steering wheel after turning... It kind of does but not properly until I centre it myself (then it will remain centred and track correctly). Is this because of the camber?

[Edited on 23-05-2017 by moka]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd May 17 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What wheels are on it?
moka

23rd May 17 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a Corsa C SXI, with Corsa C Exclusiv alloys (16") on it instead of the standard SXI alloys on it (15").

New Poll