corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » would you ever

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author would you ever
AlunJ

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 16 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do when staying away in work unless there's room service, you do feel awkward lol
kz

3rd Nov 16 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done it when on training courses... just take my laptop along. Doesn't bother me in the slightest to be honest, but it was pub food not a full on restaurant.
andy1868

3rd Nov 16 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the cinema on my own once, it was last year when Star Wars came out and nobody would come with me. So thought bollocks to it I still need to see the film and went on a Saturday morning (just before Christmas so only real free time) and ended up in a cinema full of kids The only slightly awkward thing was because it was sold out, and the seats were in a 4 so i ended up sat with an old couple and their grandson
kz

4th Nov 16 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to a club on my own once...

I have very particular music tastes that none of my mates are into! Don't get many good nights round here so had to take advantage. Mind you I was already pissed, and in town, so it was quite easy to slip off on my own. Thought about actually leaving the house alone, and couldn't do it lol.
Shelly
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to once when I booked a hotel for a Sunday night after a car show and all my mates went home and left me (get the violin out!). They booked Friday/Saturday and I booked Saturday/Sunday

I didn't like it though
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ran into a friend on the train down to London today, so will be off for dinner with a real person tonight - first midweek meal I'll be having with another person since August

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Generation

8th Nov 16 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a life:/

Couldn't stand that, work all day. Eat dinner alone, then repeat. Well done on having the motivation, but not something I'd want

[Edited on 08-11-2016 by Generation]
pow
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once in a while I find it quite relaxing
Ian W

8th Nov 16 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation

Couldn't stand that, work all day. Eat dinner alone, then repeat. Well done on having the motivation, but not something I'd want

+1
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation

It's doable as it's in relatively short bursts of time - 3 months of working away, then aim to get three-six months working near home. From 21st November I'll be working 20miles from home, hopefully for six months!

The worst stint I did was six months in the US, it was great though in other ways obviously. That was mon-fri working and eating alone, then a weekend walking around some tourist attraction on my own Pretty sad really

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Generation

8th Nov 16 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you're looking forward to, is what most people have anyway. Obviously works for you, so that's what is important. I'd rather be on a much lower income, and be around friends and partner though
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm not trying to sell it, it sucks - but I do value home time more than I do than when I'm home all the time obviously and it has its upsides.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

8th Nov 16 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In six months id of made friends
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did!

Spent three months in Boston, found a drinking buddy (another loner) and went out a few times with the barstaff at my local Outback Stakehouse, including to a redsox game.

After three months, moved down to Atlanta... as I was on the home straight, couldn't be arsed - rarely left the Hotel which wasn't too bad as a few Celebs passed through. Sat three people down from Icecube and had a selfie with David Haye, so pretty much best mates with them both.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James

16th Nov 16 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only done it when I've been away on business. It's not so bad, plus as I'm away with work I'm not paying, so even better. Wouldn't do it normally though.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » would you ever 23 database queries in 0.0125451 seconds