corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not a Fiesta project - Cleaned & Badged

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not a Fiesta project - Cleaned & Badged
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Nov 16 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bulk purchasing and options is how they make their money.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 16 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The leasing deal doesn't make sense to me, £17k car, costs me £6-7k for 3yrs and 45,000miles.

After 3yrs that car isn't worth £10k, you can buy a year old car with 10,000miles on it for £10k-£11k

They must buy them very cheap
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine the leasing companies get incentives from the manufacturer too.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

So they still making money on the depreciation because they are buying the cars cheaper, tom_simes thinks they are not because he is comparing it all to list prices
taylorboosh

8th Nov 16 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cars will be impecably maintained so will re sale pretty good tbh
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

So they still making money on the depreciation because they are buying the cars cheaper, tom_simes thinks they are not because he is comparing it all to list prices

Yes but to be fair to Tom, he's comparing it against the retail price that we would pay on the forecourt.... so leasing can be cheaper than the depreciation as far as us punters are concerned.

I really don't think the leas companies make much from each car, finance people make their money from interest, manufacturer make money from selling the car and the lease company pickup the odd bit of admin fee, documentation fee and whatever value is left in the car afterwards.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 16 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think thats the key, they don't make much money, maybe only a few hundred pounds on some cars
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I think thats the key, they don't make much money, maybe only a few hundred pounds on some cars

That's my thinking, the lease companies I've dealt with have always had the "company director" talking to me about whether I want heated seats or adaptive cruise, so I gather they're fairly small outfits

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

8th Nov 16 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Lease cars are thrashed to near death be surprised if the suspension doesn't need replacing at the end of the term.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Lease cars are thrashed to near death be surprised if the suspension doesn't need replacing at the end of the term.

A vast majority of them have had odometers which were faulty and have require mileage correction too....
Ben G

8th Nov 16 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

''10,000'' miles and the drivers seat is shagged
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 16 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a 2016 Zetec S 140ps in panther black. Get it in a week. 11,000miles on it already. So well used in 7 months. I'll probably sell it at around 60,000miles.
Ojc

8th Nov 16 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news m9
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 16 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any good cruises to attend? Might drive past colin mcraes house to let them know I'm still thinking of him
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes but to be fair to Tom, he's comparing it against the retail price that we would pay on the forecourt.... so leasing can be cheaper than the depreciation as far as us punters are concerned.

Steve, I've never said that the lease company doesn't make money, I do understand how business works.

However, leasing can still be a cheaper option for Joe public, as Kyle has said above. Use the example Jim has put above. The car retails at £17k book price, and it costs just under £7k to lease for 3 years. Even if you can get a great deal on the purchase and get it for £14k, that still means it needs to be worth more than £7k after 3 years and 45,000 miles, otherwise leasing is cheaper than depreciation (for the first 3 years at least).
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I'd personally be amazed if you owned a car and it lost less than that over the 3 years in depreciation.

How are the lease companies making any money if they are not making profit on the depreciation?

Why does that matter if it's cheaper to lease? I know I don't give a shit how they make money, it just worked out cheaper for me in my current car.

You dont need to care, you just need to realise they do make money else they wouldnt exist, and the only way they can make money is to make it back on the depreciation profit.

If you think you are leasing a car for less than depreciation, you are mistaken

Please explain how this relates to your last sentence:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1565896
taylorboosh

9th Nov 16 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never thought 3cm would buy such a shit car... always admired that he liked a retro car
3CorsaMeal

9th Nov 16 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ideal for me at the moment. Can't recall the last time i went over 80mph. Still leaves me money in the bank, and won't cost much money in fuel, tax, insurance or repairs. Everyone should get one.
Baskey

9th Nov 16 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that's the criteria should have bought a corsa b 1.2 8v
3CorsaMeal

13th Nov 16 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got audi all ready to trade in. Removed egr delete kit and a few other bits like wind deflectors etc.

Looking forward to fiesta now. I let ford valet it so not sure how it'll be, maybe a bit swirly. Will either machine polish it myself or pay a detailer to do it. It's going to be filthy within a week
Ben G

13th Nov 16 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be shit

It's not new, so fortunately you won't have to deal with sticker residue left on the windows and alloys.

Don't worry, I'll be starting as a Valeter in the new year, so quality should improve
3CorsaMeal

15th Nov 16 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked it up today

Ben G

15th Nov 16 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks alright
3CorsaMeal

15th Nov 16 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better chassis than a golf r as well.
3CorsaMeal

16th Nov 16 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beat a Peugeot 308 SW Active 1.6L BlueHDi earlier.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not a Fiesta project - Cleaned & Badged 23 database queries in 0.1913011 seconds